I got Plat II playing almost exclusively Swain

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Renegade Shepard

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post
Still following this post just cause i'm interested in the discussion - but prolly not gonna do pointed responses to questions unless i see something that i can harmlessly jump in on.

And since i've still seen posts about it: Not reworking Swain. Please read the first post u.u

Still, it's given me a lot to think about for QoL changes/improvements that can be made to Swain players, since he's definitely on the clunkier side of things. Thanks for being so clear and concise dudes - i'm really feelin' the birdvibes

His waveclear is underwhelming.

Phane Sorter

08-26-2013

Nice Fubby. It may not be as high, but I got from bronze to to mid gold from mostly Swai nand sitll rising.

Gladius Altra

08-26-2013

Signed in just for this as a looooong time swain player

Swain has a bit of issue because he needs EVERYTHING every single stat swain is lacking in when it comes to base stats.

First problem is his passive. It is almost useless out side of lanning. Viegar and Singed both have passives that would be much better for swain.

Health is way to low so he needs to build a lot of it to be the front line warrior he is. He needs to rush 2 health items first to even have a chance in teamfights.

Mana is laughable he needs Blue more than any other champion in the game along with a couple of mana items yet with chalice and blue he will frequently run out of mana in teamfights. His ult stacking cost is what kills him he needs a flat rate or a low cap.

His damage is fine but it costs way to much.

His cooldowns could use a slight reduction along with mana cost reductions. maybe reduce the damage to make up for it

Calderweiss

08-26-2013

Just started playing swain again because of this.
I carries my last two games.
The first one was very hard to carry seeing how everyone on my team fed horrifically. I still can't believe I own that game.

This guy's guide is simple but explains pretty much all you need to know about swain.
I'm getting my power spike around 9-10 minutes now and have no problem killing my enemy laner.

It's glorious.
If anything feels a bit clunky, if you accidentally turn off your ult in the middle of a fight, you don't always notice. Are there ways to make it easier for you as a player to tell when it is or isn't

BlackStarwind

08-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post
Still following this post just cause i'm interested in the discussion - but prolly not gonna do pointed responses to questions unless i see something that i can harmlessly jump in on.

And since i've still seen posts about it: Not reworking Swain. Please read the first post u.u

Still, it's given me a lot to think about for QoL changes/improvements that can be made to Swain players, since he's definitely on the clunkier side of things. Thanks for being so clear and concise dudes - i'm really feelin' the birdvibes
I feel the same about swain, i feel that he needs some way of getting to the back line..........hmmm i know you said not talking buffs but what about maybe putting a MS on his ult while channeling or maybe upon activation a burst of speed just some thoughts for maybe getting to the back line.

Fubby3

08-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by KYU22 View Post
How to deal with long range poke or extremes burst? I've only lost lane with Swain against Ziggs, Annie, and Orianna. Ziggs and Ori just spam their pokes like no tomorrow, and Annie just bursts me to hell.
Vs ziggs and ori your best bet is to wait for them to use there escapes and ghost at them and try to blow them up. In ziggs case he is squishy and without W he cant run, but Ori probably wont die unless you are snowballed or get help.

Slashiroth

08-26-2013

Teach me? I suck vs bursters lol

IS1e325bfc617b2a68f873d

08-26-2013

Oh god, please leave Skidzard.

Psychotic Man

08-26-2013

I personally find it usefull to build around 500 ap and Spirit visage. I even read on lol wiki in the counter to swain section that if swain builds spirit visage and quicksilver (from personal experience, 500 ap instead of quicksilver is enough), then igniting him is useless as he can remove the debuff (or in case of 500 ap, spirit visage+500 ap provide enough sustain to just ignore ignite), and one should kill all his team mates then him as he will simply not die at the start of the team fight.

Fubby3

08-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slashiroth View Post
Teach me? I suck vs bursters lol
Build catalyst and burst them first. Hard bursters like annie, veigar or LB can be tough but honestly its just burst them before they burst you.