I got Plat II playing almost exclusively Swain

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fubby3

08-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by agelesser View Post
could you see my post please??
http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com...2#post41013302
is my opinion correct??
I'm just a swain lover, i played him a lot, but not as high ranked as you, you're pro!!
Your opinion isnt incorrect, but it isnt totally correct either. Swain does have lot of issues, and he does need tons of stats for effectiveness. This leads to, he snowballs disgustingly hard, because if he GETS said stats, he will wreck house.

The real issue is he has trouble fitting in the current meta, but hey he counters FOTM Ahri

atz9999

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-25-2013

Hey Fubby (or anyone else with answers) I'm a terrible mid laner who hardly ever plays the role but I really like swain and have considered picking him up for years.

I've got 2 questions after reading your guide.
1) Do you have any experience ending up in top lane?
2) How do you change your build if you know you wont get blue buff at 7:40? Do you just play a different champion or switch things up?

As someone who jungles a lot I find that if a jungler has ganked a lot and hasn't hit 6 yet then giving him second blue almost guarantee's level 6 (unless hes been having a hell of a time in his own jungle). Knowing this I like to get the jungler to 6 because that means he gets a gank with his ult in addition to the shorter cooldown on his ult. Obviously every game is different but I just wanted your generalized thought on that.

Edit: Had another question.
What do you think about trying to take the enemy blue buff as swain? He seems to be pretty strong in skirmishes and if you or your jungler wards it beforehand fighting in the jungle would be good for swain for improved accuracy W (due to less escape routes) or am I missing something?

Fubby3

08-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NA Darklarik View Post
PS you really should respond to Scarizard Fubby :/

BTW, guys guide is really good, just followed it word for word, first game i get this o_o
Attachment 766941
Sorry, the moment I noticed his post I had to go to a long and fancy dinner. Food want even that good.

Mansa TChalla

08-25-2013

Healing reductions effect him a lot.....

Swain has burst with his e, but it usually isn't enough to 100-0 with those three. The problem is, you drop this combo and the ulti, but the moment you do you get ignited its hard to keep that epic feeling.

You're just this giant crow in battle, seeking in on the squishes. Black clouds rain down crows which rip flesh from your opponent and drag it back to you for sustenance. Then you get ignited and you turn into fried chicken

Fubby3

08-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by atz9999 View Post
Hey Fubby (or anyone else with answers) I'm a terrible mid laner who hardly ever plays the role but I really like swain and have considered picking him up for years.

I've got 2 questions after reading your guide.
1) Do you have any experience ending up in top lane?
2) How do you change your build if you know you wont get blue buff at 7:40? Do you just play a different champion or switch things up?

As someone who jungles a lot I find that if a jungler has ganked a lot and hasn't hit 6 yet then giving him second blue almost guarantee's level 6 (unless hes been having a hell of a time in his own jungle). Knowing this I like to get the jungler to 6 because that means he gets a gank with his ult in addition to the shorter cooldown on his ult. Obviously every game is different but I just wanted your generalized thought on that.

Edit: Had another question.
What do you think about trying to take the enemy blue buff as swain? He seems to be pretty strong in skirmishes and if you or your jungler wards it beforehand fighting in the jungle would be good for swain for improved accuracy W (due to less escape routes) or am I missing something?
Personally I dislike Swain top, before level 4 swain is squishy and doesnt do that much damage, so a lot of bruisers can make some sort of early power play and kill him and snowball forever. Then there is is the issue that tanks will just take no damage from him and that just sucks.

If I dont get blue I will play a little more safe cause I dont have as much tankiness and I have to play careful with my mana, but I wont alter my build. Imo RoA Liandries and Zhonyas are a MUST HAVE and you should rush them as fast as possible.

Fubby3

08-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Division Two View Post
Healing reductions effect him a lot.....

Swain has burst with his e, but it usually isn't enough to 100-0 with those three. The problem is, you drop this combo and the ulti, but the moment you do you get ignited its hard to keep that epic feeling.

You're just this giant crow in battle, seeking in on the squishes. Black clouds rain down crows which rip flesh from your opponent and drag it back to you for sustenance. Then you get ignited and you turn into fried chicken
I have never really noticed ignite being very annoying. Sure the damage is bleh but the healing reuction isnt all that special. Maybe cause I run ghost if I get ignited I just finish what im doing and run the **** out til it wears off.

atz9999

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-25-2013

Fubby3

08-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by atz9999 View Post
Go for it. If you have a jungler that has good synergy like Shen you can try to take it or get a kill, but be wary, dont stay too long as the enemy botlane can come up to assist them and unless you somehow have an 8 min RoA you can 2v4.

CataclysmCrash

08-25-2013

The moral of this thread is that if you bump your own thread enough times, eventually you'll get a red post starting a balance discussion.

QOL buffs for Swain? Give his ultimate a mana cost cap. GG Swain top tier.

As for his DOTs and delayed damage, don't screw with those. Swains character is a Master Tactician. The idea that time is involved with his method of killing is appropriate.

RoanSykes

08-25-2013

Really interesting, I just started to main Swain. I prefer to make him all I play if possible. I'm more fond of him from a lore gameplay, but his kit is really fantastic imo. Thanks for this topic.