Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

New Tower Items on PBE

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ShadeOfRed

08-22-2013

Quote:
Xelnath:
OH, I see!

... would that be fun?

As someone said earlier, that might just let the lane snowball even more. Think of after you just killed both enemies botlane, are pushing down the tower, suddenly the tower poops out a bag of gold..... Oh look, person who just got a double kill just got tower gold AND a bag of 100 gold for free!

gg...?

exec3

08-22-2013

Quote:
Xelnath:
OH, I see!

... would that be fun?

If anyone could pick it up it'd need to be done in a way that it drops in a more advantageous position for the 'losing' player because if it's even the 'winning' player would be in a far more advantageous position to pick it up (because he's winning and is stronger duh!) and thus could cause extreme snowballing and the exact opposite effect as intended.

Random thought. If such a mechanic was done should a lane partner receive some bonus gold like an assist? Could be helpful for the support in duo lanes.

KingofMaelstroms

08-22-2013

Quote:
Xelnath:
OH, I see!

... would that be fun?

No, because then they enemy could push his minions up to your tower and essentially get gold from his own minions. That's like denying but worse...

FlutterShen

08-22-2013

ooo! Idea! What if the turrets were related to the nations?

Noxian Turret: Turret damage reduced by 20%, but now places a stacking poison onto the enemy champion.

Piltover Turret: Increased turret range by 200 or so.

Freljord Turret: Turret emits a chill, slowing enemy units within a short distance by 20% or so.

(etc, etc)

That way it would give the feeling that this really is an argument being settled in the Institute of War by 2 nations!

Moobeat

08-22-2013

Quote:
Xelnath:
OH, I see!

... would that be fun?

Sounds like a fun ARAM mechanic.

Needles K

08-22-2013

Quote:
Xelnath:
OH, I see!

... would that be fun?

I actually thought it sounded like a good rubber-band mechanic for 1v2 lanes, where the disadvantaged laner gets a chance to run up and grab up some free gold if he's pushed to tower long enough.

jakeoti

08-22-2013

Quote:
Xelnath:
OH, I see!

... would that be fun?

Yes...and no. I feel like it might just be confusing. Especially if you consider that it would be popping up less often in higher levels of play (where almost all the CS is obtained through the normal method) and more in lower levels of play, where people might still even be learning about the importance of CS in general.

Possibly an alternate mode could include something like that, but there's already enough universal objectives with the jungle, I feel.

jakeoti

08-22-2013

Quote:
Moobeat:
Sounds like a fun ARAM mechanic.

This.

Xelnath

Recruiter

08-22-2013

Quote:
Wishsong214:
This.

Hmmm... would you ever actually be able to fight over the sack in aram tho?

It feels like I always see champions get the last hit on minions.

Yaknose

08-22-2013

Diving in to get bags of gold from under an enemy tower would be fun. The effects on all the rest of gameplay from the bags of gold might really mess things up, though.

My first and strongest reaction is "this is crazy, how does this make things better?" and I think it could be fun, but mostly I wonder what kind of weird consequences it could lead to, and if THEY'D be fun.

Props for herring-bombing the data miners, though.