Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

New Tower Items on PBE

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xelnath

Recruiter

08-22-2013

Wouldn't the transmute one mean pushing into a tower isn't advantageous enough, since the enemy can just come back and pick up some of the gold he missed?

ShadeOfRed

08-22-2013

The items brought a lot of clarity to the numerous unique things that towers brought to the game. SO yes, I really appreciate you adding them.

"red herring" items as you say were a bit strange, though I could see the crystal mark might be nice if you guys were really desperate to stop blatant towerdives at some point in the game.

transmutation -- there wasnt enough detail on this to consider if it was purely trolling or not. didnt say if it charged one gold per minion kill, leaving the gold transmutation at a rate of only one bag every so often, as opposed to if it got the entirety of the minions gold which would then leave a gold bag every few minion kills.

Cheiron

Huntsman

08-22-2013

Does this mean we get to blame the loss on towers having bad builds?
omg tower didnt buy wards report
tower never recalls and buys items report

I Called Support

08-22-2013

Quote:
Xelnath:
Wouldn't the transmute one mean pushing into a tower isn't advantageous enough, since the enemy can just come back and pick up some of the gold he missed?

Maybe the champion needs to be in range for the effect

My original thought (before we even knew what was fully going on) was tower upgrades - would be cool if the lane champion had to decide if he wants to use his gold to allow the turret to collect gold

FlutterShen

08-22-2013

A new layer of complexity to the game would be interesting. If the champion 'in lane' could designate what type of turret they could invest in. This would allow a team to attempt to extend or shorten the laning period to benefit what champion they've chosen. It would also make late game with the 2 nexus turrets feel less like a "gg".

Just my opinion of course.

Edit: Also it could be an extra gold funnel for people with full builds when the game is running long.

Zerglinator

08-22-2013

Quote:
Xelnath:

The implication was that the dropped sack could be picked up by ANY champion, REGARDLESS of team.

Xelnath

Recruiter

08-22-2013

Quote:
Zerglinator:
The implication was that the dropped sack could be picked up by ANY champion, REGARDLESS of team.

OH, I see!

... would that be fun?

Zerglinator

08-22-2013

Quote:
Xelnath:
OH, I see!

... would that be fun?

Yes!

Valenten

08-22-2013

GG Xelnath i enjoyed you trolling the data miners

exec3

08-22-2013

Quote:
Xelnath:

Key word being some. Assumedly it won't be super quick to charge so it'd be balanced closer to a last resort if the tower eats a lot of minions to try and keep the losing player at least relevant.

Also there's the point that when a champ goes for the gold bag they'll be opening themselves up to harass so it's not exactly free gold and hopefully there will be a little dance while one person tries to grab the gold and the other person tries to stop em via harass (the gold bag would have a timer before disappearing I would think creating a little moment of gameplay).