How do you play Diana?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ashirogi

02-16-2014

Idk if I am supposed to go all damage and kamakazi a squishy, or fighter. What lane or role do you guys play Diana as? I got the Lunar Goddess skin but I'm just not winning with her in the jungle as of now. I'm told at mid shes just a worse version of Akali. Idk anymore, enlighten me GD.

Ashirogi

02-16-2014

Jeez this thread isn't getting very much attention! It's not a joke thread or an essay so I guess that is why.

Edit: Thanks for the replies guys!

Marilyn Monhoe

02-16-2014

Diana kind of sucks rn

aznsong

02-16-2014

how does lucian turn into a white guy
with a skin

thats racist.

RandomICE

02-16-2014

unfortunately she's just as you described. A kamakaze tankyish fighter assassin that goes all in and either instagibs or just dies. Riot said it themselves.

Zed Shepard

02-16-2014

I myself prefer playing her AP Bruiser top.

xLany

02-16-2014

I've dropped Diana lately :/ she just doesn't do great in the current meta. However, if you play smart, you can really stomp with her

Played her mid& jungle before. Mid, hardcore farm till 6. Might need 2 points in shield if you're harassed a lot, but max Q first. Jungle, take 2 points in shield early but still max Q first. Rush 6, but you can gank sooner if one of your lanes is pushed up with E. Even an unsuccessful gank can relieve a lot of pressure. But at lvl 6, your ganks/roams become super scary.

Definitely get a Zhonyas at some point. If you have an initiator like malphite/zac, I would still wait for them to go in first before you. If not, then try to flank and do your combo Q + R + W + E + R + Zhonyas to whoever is strongest (usually ADC, but these days APCs are a lot more threatening). The combo can change depending on the situation. While you're in Zhonyas, hope that your team will follow up, haha

I play her as an assassin but with a lot of defense. Zhonyas, Abyssal (Diana is melee so the passive will always be in range of targets), etc. If I really need to make quick work of someone, then throw in a Lich Bane. If you want even more tankyness, Rylais. Really depends on the particular game.

Hope I helped ^_^

Diamond Song

02-16-2014

you land your q, or you dont play diana.

Katasumai

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-16-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyanners View Post
Idk if I am supposed to go all damage and kamakazi a squishy, or fighter. What lane or role do you guys play Diana as? I got the Lunar Goddess skin but I'm just not winning with her in the jungle as of now. I'm told at mid shes just a worse version of Akali. Idk anymore, enlighten me GD.
That's the power of Diana you can play her as either an AP Glass cannon Assassin or a Fighter who can still dish out a good amount of damage while taking a bit of a hit herself.

I personally build her based on the situation of the game but lately this has been my build.

1) Sorc Boots (MR Pen)
2) Deathcap (AP Boost)
3) Voidstaff (bypassing MR)
4) Zhonya's Hourglass (AP and Armor + Untargetable)
5) Abyssal Scepter (MR + AP and MR reduction)
6) Frozenheart (Bonus Armor, mana and makes it great for reducing the ADC's attack speed when on them)

Aggression

02-16-2014

shes a pretty bad jungler compared to other picks but isnt bad compared to other jungles who require level 6 to be relevant (warwick nocturne malphite etc)

in mid lane if you are against a melee that isnt gragas you can do well. shes better than akali at 1v1 but uses mana so thats rough

if you dont die pre 6 and get blue buffs you can probably perform just as well as akali with the advantage of having actual crowd control and lategame sheild > cloak because pinks/sweepers

right now though mid laners without good seige are kind of bad. akali only sees play really to counter yasuo i feel.