[Guide] Karthus Annihilates All! Magic Pen. FTW!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

congalong

12-19-2009

Yea I play aggressive Karthus. I usually stack HP since because of the aggressive play style, everyone likes to focus me first. The problem with that? If I'm stacking HP, they spent all their effort to kill a semi tank/dmg hero whose still damaging them per second and then after I die, I have another 8 seconds to do MORE damage. Meanwhile, my teammates are picking off carries and squishies. And if they don't focus me? Well I'm still doing dmg and spamming lay waste.

DeanKeaton259

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-19-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigsticker View Post
Ya your right lol. I was thinking of a different game.
I do use defile a lot actually in a way similar to what you described. I don't take exhaust, but I have no problem taking on a lone hero with wall, defile, lay waste. I also use flash sometimes to port next to them if they're getting away. If there's more than 1 hero I make sure that I have 1-2 teammates go in before me. I set up wall and charge in with defile. I didn't want to go into a lot of strategy in the guide because I felt like it would be extraneous. That being said I have modified the guide a bit as far as the recommended items go. I added ROA and Abyssal Scepter and removed Haunted Guise. Check it out.

DeanKeaton259

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-19-2009

I redid the Itemization and Strategy Sections to make them more complete. It's really a wonderful guide now. Take a look! http://hubpages.com/_2vwejfq5t73dt/h...-Karthus-Guide

Pregnant Rhino

12-19-2009

Does the new Rylai's proc off of lay waste or defile now?

mrtspence

12-19-2009

This is a lot like my build. I go for ap/cooldown reduction runes, but only build my Attack mastery up to the +15% magic penetration, the rest goes in utility. As for items: rod of ages first (this gives you basically all the hp you need if you get it early) then sorcerer's boots, then usually Zhonya's ring, archangel's staff, then void staff, etc. Our strategy seems to be the same too except that I am usually way more aggressive as soon as I hit lvl3-4--I spam laywaste at the enemy in my lane, then, once they are weakened, will wall of pain, rush in with defile and lay waste as they flee. Usually gets me a kill and a big leg-up for the rest of the game.

One of karthus's biggest edges is that people have no idea what to expect. I often have Shaco's or Evelyns run in and attack me (despite that I am 2-3 Lvl's higher and better itemed usually), only to be killed by defile and laywaste--they just don't get that karthus is best in close and seperated from other enemies (no minions nearby=massive ass-rape damage with laywaste). Solid guide.

DeanKeaton259

Recruiter

12-20-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtspence View Post
This is a lot like my build. I go for ap/cooldown reduction runes, but only build my Attack mastery up to the +15% magic penetration, the rest goes in utility. As for items: rod of ages first (this gives you basically all the hp you need if you get it early) then sorcerer's boots, then usually Zhonya's ring, archangel's staff, then void staff, etc. Our strategy seems to be the same too except that I am usually way more aggressive as soon as I hit lvl3-4--I spam laywaste at the enemy in my lane, then, once they are weakened, will wall of pain, rush in with defile and lay waste as they flee. Usually gets me a kill and a big leg-up for the rest of the game.

One of karthus's biggest edges is that people have no idea what to expect. I often have Shaco's or Evelyns run in and attack me (despite that I am 2-3 Lvl's higher and better itemed usually), only to be killed by defile and laywaste--they just don't get that karthus is best in close and seperated from other enemies (no minions nearby=massive ass-rape damage with laywaste). Solid guide.
Ya, it's so funny when you surprise a twitch or teemo at close range. They think they can kick your ass only to die within seconds. Once they figure out what's going on they're already slowed by wall, so they can't get away.

DeanKeaton259

Recruiter

12-21-2009

I started a thread about the ridiculous delay/warning for Karthus' Ult, lol. Check it out, you'll probably laugh at the responses: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...009#post427009

DeanKeaton259

Recruiter

12-21-2009

In retrospect, I'm amending my original position regarding Karthus' ultimate. It doesn't have to be instant, I just want the red warning light removed. No warning bells for his ult. It's too easy to counter/avoid otherwise. Also, if you're going to view this thread, please view the guide: Karthus Annihilates All! Magic Pen. FTW!

I spent a lot of time on it. This thread is really just about the guide, which is complete with color pictures and extensive analysis of abilities, itemization, and in-game strategies.

Karthus Annihilates All! Magic Pen. FTW!

cccpu

12-21-2009

Am I crazy for using Sheen with Karthus?

DeanKeaton259

Recruiter

12-21-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by cccpu View Post
Am I crazy for using Sheen with Karthus?
Yes, lol. His attack speed is horrifyingly slow and his attack range is really bad too. You put yourself in too much danger trying to auto attack with him to benefit from sheen. I've been toying with the thought of using Innervating Locket with him though. Maybe I'll try it out next game.