Any plans on a Galio rework?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FapFapFap VI

08-25-2013

Remove cast-time on E, and make it so the movement buff works both ways rather than just the direction he cast it. Making it so shield heals whoever he puts it on might get pretty OP tbh, the Armor and MR on it is pretty high, to give that ally the heal as well would make him a pretty powerful support, let alone a midlaner where the heal will scale with his AP.

Just don't move stuff around, like putting his Q on his E or anything like that, that'd just throw off those who bother to play him these days.

TBH I'm not even too sure about moving his passive. Maybe make it a passive on his shield/W, though I can't imagine what new passive he would get without making him OP.

Just yeah, nervous for you to not ruin his current 'style'

Oaklen

08-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiure View Post
i am a little leery of putting mr scaling on his abilities. Sure, it gives him a new passive, but his ultimate is a taunt, which means that if you play him right you will be taking damage from autos rather than abilities.

And he's already pretty well countered by ad champions (play him mid, instantly talons everywhere, even in blind normals...it's uncanny), so i really do appreciate the backup option of building straight ap (or armor if we don't have a tank) instead.

Would it be possible to put armor and ap scaling onto his abilities as well? That wouldn't be too broken, would it? Just enough that you can comfortably build tanky against an enemy bruiser mid without feeling like your damage output went to **** in champ select.

I can't wait; galio was my bro back when he was free and i was low level, and i was pretty unkillable with plenty of damage output. It felt nice to be able to build tanky and still have damage going for me, and when i was super fed i could duel pretty much anyone with my regular abilities and autos of doom (wits end op). However, now that every team has an adc and an ad jungler and an ad bruiser top and sometimes even an ad mid, it feels like galio just can't build mr anymore and still expect to do well.

Thanks :d please keep us updated! I really like the ult buff (that cooldown was super long x_x)
this ^^^^

Jarlil

08-30-2013

How are the updates coming along? Have you thought up any more ideas for Galio with your tweeks?

bloodseeker0

08-31-2013

my friend and i were discussing galio's E before and honestly, we feel it would be better if it were a dash spell that also left the ms boosting trail behind him. It would make using his ulti far easier to set up rather than having to stumble through cc and when flash is down and die because you didn't have enough hp to make it to where the carries were to draw their aggro. I'm not saying the E dash should have cc, rather it just needs to be something similar to ammu's without the condition that it needs to hit someone for him to move forward. the cast range can be relatively small it just needs to be long enough to cross small walls and such. If the cast range on the E was ~550-650 units that would be perfect because in lane galio would also be able to have far more presence in lane if he's supporting and he would have a genuine escape if he were mid. additionally that type of change could even open up a viable galio top lane.

Akuma Insde

10-02-2013

I'm only a casual player, but I think the current kit of galio is like orianna now, pretty balanced.
If his ult taunt become more reliable with full taunt duration, I'm sure you'll hear ZILEAN of people screaming "riot, nerf pls".

If his passive is taken away, which makes him not an anti mage tank, I think even fewer people will play as him.

Jarlil

10-02-2013

With Patch 3.12 notes released, and no further info on Galio within those patch notes, I was wondering if there was anymore updates from you guys on how his update is coming along? This is, of course, assuming the mana buff to his ult was only a taste until his changes come around.

BigDaddyO27

10-10-2013

I have to agree with a previous post.
remove the cast time on his E and make the movement speed buff go both ways.
also i think he fits the role of a very tanky mid lane/support champ but falls off vs AD making him not match up to predominately AD teams which i feel are more common than predominately AP teams. I think his passive should scale with both armor and MR.
his basic attacks dont really fit his play. he should have a ranged basic attack or lower CD and lower mana cost q and e so he has range to deal with mid laners who are almost all ranged.

AFriendlyHunter

10-11-2013

How about you make his e a dash that damages people he runs into and he leaves the trail that can speed up his allies? That would allow him to be able to initiate and (maybe) be able to dash through walls and surprise them with his ult without having to use his flash. And when he ults the path is there for his allies to quickly get in there and start beating the enemies face in.

CodysdogSasha

10-11-2013

The ultimate being so easily interrupted is my biggest concern.

As for ideas how about making lee sin style combos, if you first use q, then the next attack with e for example makes you flash up to the target you just hit. Something along those lines to make things more interesting. Give him a way to flash up to a marked guy then use your ultimate.

Zaruma

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
it's not going to be a full-blown rework, but i do want to give him a new passive (while putting magic resist scaling directly into his kit) and then shift a few things around. i really want to get some changes on the pbe shortly after 3.11 goes live (i.e., when the pbe starts testing 3.12 content). once that happens, i'll be really excited to hear from everyone about how he feels.
So patch 3.13 notes just came out and still nothing on Galio. I am sad.