Any plans on a Galio rework?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

serpen1

08-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
it's not going to be a full-blown rework, but i do want to give him a new passive (while putting magic resist scaling directly into his kit) and then shift a few things around. i really want to get some changes on the pbe shortly after 3.11 goes live (i.e., when the pbe starts testing 3.12 content). once that happens, i'll be really excited to hear from everyone about how he feels.
Please don't make his passive any weaker, at least at max level. It won't feel as fun or impactful.

kdHuCoB8S3

08-23-2013

Hahaha, silly GD... do you ever learn your lesson?

I guess Galio is somewhat of a safe pick for a rework, nothing about him is remotely interesing or unique other than his ultimate. Still, wait and see how Riot manages to screw up =)

The Hate Boat

08-23-2013

Could you make his ult more reliable? Maybe remove on-hit CC from taunted players so Galio can't self-cancel his ult? Maybe make him less flash-reliant on landing a good ult? As much as I love Galio, his kit's starting to look awfully dated compared to new releases - significant gating on his spells (CDs/mana), lack of mobility, dependence on an ult which is fairly easy to counter, etc.

Your Shadow

08-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LvI5syndrome View Post
Hahaha, silly GD... do you ever learn your lesson?

I guess Galio is somewhat of a safe pick for a rework, nothing about him is remotely interesing or unique other than his ultimate. Still, wait and see how Riot manages to screw up =)
As long as they keep his ultimate and let him retain his "anti-magic tank" niche, I think he'll be okay...but only time will tell.

KSHarrison

08-23-2013

Quote:
it's not going to be a full-blown rework, but i do want to give him a new passive (while putting magic resist scaling directly into his kit) and then shift a few things around. i really want to get some changes on the pbe shortly after 3.11 goes live (i.e., when the pbe starts testing 3.12 content). once that happens, i'll be really excited to hear from everyone about how he feels.
I didn't know you were in Champion Design! What's that qa analyst tag doing under your name?

Jarlil

08-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoSim View Post
Agreeing to all points. When I first started playing LoL, I was pretty excited to see a Gargoyle. But... his kit really confused me and ultimately left me wanting because... he's a bleeping Gargoyle. Why is he throwing a bunch of spells? His Ult makes sense, but... his wings are pretty much for show...

I'd love to see a tanky ganker that takes the hits, using the stone of his body, buffing defense or magic resist... speeding up/doing a soaring low altitude flight to catch a target, pushing all else to the side...

A Visual Update to make him less leathery and more stoney would be... grin worthy.
I agree with the wings being for show. He is constantly flying, he should have a lot more mobility. I honestly think adding a "dash" component to his "E" might help, where he leaves behind the wind trail for either retreating or for the more important reason of initiating and allowing the team to catch up. Thoughts?

Tiure

08-23-2013

Quote:
I am a little leery of putting MR scaling on his abilities. Sure, it gives him a new passive, but his ultimate is a TAUNT, which means that if you play him right you will be taking damage from autos rather than abilities.

And he's already pretty well countered by AD champions (play him mid, instantly Talons everywhere, even in blind normals...it's uncanny), so I really do appreciate the backup option of building straight AP (or armor if we don't have a tank) instead.

Would it be possible to put armor and AP scaling onto his abilities as well? That wouldn't be too broken, would it? Just enough that you can comfortably build tanky against an enemy bruiser mid without feeling like your damage output went to **** in champ select.

I can't wait; Galio was my bro back when he was free and I was low level, and I was pretty unkillable with plenty of damage output. It felt nice to be able to build tanky and still have damage going for me, and when i was super fed I could duel pretty much anyone with my regular abilities and autos of doom (wits end op). However, now that every team has an ADC and an AD jungler and an AD bruiser top and sometimes even an AD mid, it feels like Galio just can't build MR anymore and still expect to do well.

thanks please keep us updated! I really like the ult buff (that cooldown was super long X_X)

Jarlil

08-24-2013

Bump for more Riot posts!

Best Furry NA

08-25-2013

Quote:
-1. I like getting power (extra) from Athenes and Abyssal, and I feel he should be promoted as an MR tank (not that armor is bad on him; zhon+sunfire+thornmail are all good, thorn situational).

Kinda like Rammus.

Oaklen

08-25-2013

Quote:
My only worry is that by giving him a MR scaling kit he will be even more choke hold into a nich champion. Even now he is forced into a team only if the enemy team is running double ap. But you can atleast build raw AP if the enemy CP you with a AD assassin or top laner. If your going to give him MR scaling Kit, then please don't nerf his scaling again. I really would love to see him come back.