Any plans on a Galio rework?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DreamEaters

08-22-2013

while we're at it can we make resolute smite actually look like it's coming from his eyes?

make it like a Laser Beam or something. At first I thought he was coughing up a light ball.

ValderiusRex

08-22-2013

please don't trash Bulwark. IMO it's the single best defensive steroid in the game atm. To me, it defines Galio even more than his big flashy ult.

Eph289

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOOBLORD9000 View Post
bring back ap galio pls that is all

he will never be a good tank with black cleaver the way it is, and nautalis and udyr stuns are wtf on him

maybe make idol resistant to stuns or something,like a lich bane for just that spell
Nautilus' passive doesn't interrupt Idol of Durand. I've tested this out. Hook and ult ofc will.

DJ Koopa

08-22-2013

If anything, his ult needs fixed. If someone has tenacity, the ult does pretty much nothing. 0.5 second taunts every 0.5 seconds? If you have the tenacity stack in the Defense tree with Merc treads or play anyone who has some sort of CC reduction, they can LITERALLY walk right out of his ult even if he nails them dead-center in the circle.

WindLord7070

08-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
it's not going to be a full-blown rework, but i do want to give him a new passive (while putting magic resist scaling directly into his kit) and then shift a few things around. i really want to get some changes on the pbe shortly after 3.11 goes live (i.e., when the pbe starts testing 3.12 content). once that happens, i'll be really excited to hear from everyone about how he feels.
any chance of making him a full tank instead of the "anit ap" thing i used to play him a lot back in the day and always enjoyed going full tank not just building mr for damage or to counter aps

Asayo

08-23-2013

There's a very, very important question to ask about putting mres scaling directly on Galio's abilities.

What color will the numbers be? AD is orange, AP is green, armor is yellow, health is red. I'm guessing blue.

PsychoticGod

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-23-2013

2 things iv always wanted for galio

make his w give 50% of the healing it gives to galio to the person he shields (leave it at 100% if he shields himself still)

then buff/make his e more noticeable

galio was one of the first champions i bought when i started playing 3 years ago, the passive change and mr scaling seems really cool too

PsychoticGod

08-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asayo View Post
There's a very, very important question to ask about putting mres scaling directly on Galio's abilities.

What color will the numbers be? AD is orange, AP is green, armor is yellow, health is red. I'm guessing blue.
ryze mana stuff is blue, maybe purple

PsychoSim

08-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarlil View Post
I've been playing Galio fairly hard lately and his kit feels clunky for what he is. ... haha I'm no game designer :P
Agreeing to all points. When I first started playing LoL, I was pretty excited to see a Gargoyle. But... his kit really confused me and ultimately left me wanting because... he's a bleeping Gargoyle. Why is he throwing a bunch of spells? His Ult makes sense, but... his wings are pretty much for show...

I'd love to see a tanky ganker that takes the hits, using the stone of his body, buffing defense or magic resist... speeding up/doing a soaring low altitude flight to catch a target, pushing all else to the side...

A Visual Update to make him less leathery and more stoney would be... grin worthy.

Sol Invictus BC

08-23-2013

I love Galio, and have a passive suggestion.

Passive: Firm Resolution.

When one of Galio's abilities strikes an enemy champion, it reduces the cooldowns on his other abilities by 1. If the ability strikes multiple enemies, each additional enemy hit reduces the cooldowns by 0.5 (assuming you hit all 5, its a 3 second cooldown reduction, on his OTHER abilities)

Q: Resolute Smite. Range: 940 Cooldown: 7 Cost: 60 / 65 / 70 / 75 / 80 mana
Galio fires a concussive blast from his eyes to a target 235-radius area, dealing magic damage and slowing enemies hit for 2.5 seconds.

Projectile Speed: 1300

Magic Damage: 80 / 135 / 190 / 245 / 300 (+ 60% AP)(+ 30% MR)
Slow: 24 / 28 / 32 / 36 / 40%

W: Bulwark Range: 800 Cooldown: 13 Cost: 60 mana
Galio shields an allied champion or himself for 4 seconds, increasing their armor and magic resistance. Each time that unit takes damage, Galio is healed. The heal is 20% weaker than the last for each consecutive hit.

Armor / Magic Resist: 30 / 45 / 60 / 75 / 90
Heal: 25 / 40 / 55 / 70 / 85 (+ 30% AP)(+ 15% MR)
Max Heal (∞ hits): 125 / 200 / 275 / 350 / 425 (+ 150% AP)(+ 75% MR)

E: Righteous Gust Range: 1180 Cooldown: 12 Cost: 70 / 75 / 80 / 85 / 90 mana
Galio unleashes a gust of magical wind that deals magic damage to all enemies in its path. A directional draft remains for 5 seconds, increasing the movement speed of allies passing through it.

Magic Damage: 60 / 105 / 150 / 195 / 240 (+ 50% AP)(+ 25% MR)
Movement Speed: 20 / 28 / 36 / 44 / 52%

R: Idol of Durand Range: 550 (600) Cooldown: 170 / 150 / 130 Cost: 100 / 150 / 200 mana
Galio becomes a statue and channels for 2 seconds, taunting nearby foes and reducing incoming physical and magic damage by 50%.

When the channel ends, Galio bursts out of his statue form, dealing magic damage to enemies within range. The damage is increased by 5% for each attack suffered while channeling (maximum 40%). If the channel is canceled, the damage radius is reduced to 575 instead of normal.

While channeling, Galio can cast Bulwark on himself or on allies.

Magic Damage: 220 / 330 / 440 (+ 60% AP)(+ 30% MR)
Max Magic Damage: 308 / 462 / 616 (+ 84% AP)(+ 42% MR)

Abilities stats was reformatted from the league wiki. Also, his W should be nerfed so Galio doesn't have to fear it being removed