Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Health, why it's completely OP.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Slev

12-05-2010

I'm not raging at all here, I'm presenting why health stacking in lol is completely op.

I was playing as MF, and I had a bloodrazor, so I had the counter to health. Doesn't matter. We'll start with olaf. Olaf can easily do double the dps of a MF and have 3.5K health. Then there was ammumu. His armor and magic reduction are so high that bloodrazor doesn't make a difference. Then there was vlad. I mean come on, vlad just gets health and then nukes. 2 seconds to deal 300 damage+ and regen 100+. Bloodrazor is the hard counter to health. It doesn't work. Even if you're attack speed capped and at 300 damage. Against an enemy with 3K health it takes 5 seconds of sustained fire to theoretically kill them. Most high health chars have 3500+ and have 50% or more reduction on armor and magic. This means you need 7ish seconds to kill an enemy with 3500+ hp. This is if you're capped on attack speed and doing 300 damage per shot and they aren't dodging. Now, assume you have two of these enemies. That means 14-15 seconds to kill them. To get the stats needed to average this kill time your health is most likely 2500 tops. Now if there's 3 you're at 21-23 seconds. They also have dpser/casters with them. Even if your whole team is there it means you need over 25 seconds of sustained fire to kill all 3 tanks and start hitting the dps. This is impossible. Even if you have 3 dpsers on your team with these stats, you're still needing close to 10 seconds of sustained fire. You're not going to get that.

TL;DR Health is op in its current state because it's too easy to get and the counters aren't good enough.

everlastingdude

12-05-2010

Did you just change from HoN to LoL? cuz many HoN players find hp stacking op

EdtheMan

12-05-2010

no

Trixie

12-05-2010

And Riot wont fix it to make more money

Macroz

12-05-2010

He has to be. Health stacking is probably the worst idea to stack except for like...2 classes. Everyone knows stacking armor/MR is better. And there are tons of health counters.

Bloodrazor
Deathfire Grasp
WW
Kog'maw
and many others I can't think of right now.

YUNGKOREA

12-05-2010

Isn't HP like the worst defensive stat?
Getting Armor and Magic resistance is so much more better

Analu

12-05-2010

Quote:
Macroz:
He has to be. Health stacking is probably the worst idea to stack except for like...2 classes. Everyone knows stacking armor/MR is better. And there are tons of health counters.

Bloodrazor
Deathfire Grasp
WW
Kog'maw
and many others I can't think of right now.

Lifesteal/spellvamp is a counter to some extent. You'll steal way more against an HP stacker than an armor stacker.

Xavderion

12-05-2010

Health+MR makes Bloodrazor pretty useless, that's right. But if Olaf stacks both of these stats, his damage won't be that good, so you should probably focus someone else.

Slev

12-05-2010

Yeah I came from HoN. HoN actually works. You're telling me in the middle of a game I'm supposed to summon a WW or Kogmaw to help me?

Rogmarz

12-05-2010

Health doesn't have a great counter, I agree, but it's not cheap in most cases. In general, you pay a lot less and get more efficiency if you focus on Armor/MR. Items that highlight this are Banshee's and Randuin's (yes they have some health, but they aren't health focused).