Vlad and Sona => remake

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

K1CKER

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-05-2010

Ok so I made this thread earlier:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey guys at RIOT

So I was wondering.. why aren`t u remaking these 2 champions in some way?

I get that you can never know how a design idea will really play out in the game and both of them seemed good on paper, but it has been a while now and you must have realized they need changes.

They are not OP, (well, maybe just a tiny bit compared to others) but the real problem is that:
IT`S TOO EASY FOR BAD PLAYERS TO BE GOOD WITH THEM.

You don`t have to be very good to be useful with Sona in the laning phase and when team fights start all u have to do is think when to press R.

You don`t have to be very good to run up to champs and press Q with Vlad and use pool when u have to get away.

IT`s TOO EASY.

I admit a good Vlad is very different from a bad one, but like I said, even the bad one can do A LOT.

Try to compare them with other champs.. just imagine a bad Akali, Shaco, LeBlanc.... etc.. any bad squishy damage dealer will just feed, any bad support or tank will get his team killed, but not these 2.

They will still be useful and a threat even if they make a lot of mistakes and are just bad players in general.

This is not fair.

Vlad is the most annoying champion ever made in this game, how do you not see that?

NOT GOOD OR OP, just ANNOYING.

They need to be harder to play, different play styles, and just nerfing and changing values will just make them useless. They need to be remade in some way.

I haven`t thought about HOW to do that, but at least in Sona`s case I can`t see anyway that a walking auto-targeting buff fountain can be fun.

So can you please look into them more and think about them ?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don`t get how you can read QQ from that but people are stupid like that.
But I`m not making threads for stupid people, please read on before downvoting.

NO I did not get beat by Vlad and Sona and came here to cry. I can usually deal with them.

NO I`m not saying they are OP or too good.

Anyway, I thought of some remake ideas that could make them more fun and challenging:

SONA

1. Q = it auto-targets 2 enemies prioritizing champions

can be made so that you have to target an enemy like most spells in the game,
and have the second spell come out of Sona that auto-targets.

It`s still unique and now it gives it some needed skill

2. W = the heal can work the same way as above: choose the first target to heal and auto-target the second one.

The E and the R can stay the same.

She may need some minor value buffs to those 2 skills to compensate.

VLAD

1. Q = make it so that he can only target champions with it

This way he needs to be more careful because he can`t regain health off minions .

2. W = make it a chargeable ability like Kassadin slow; Q and E give you a charge and you can use pool at say 4 charges

You would actually have to plan your pools and give them more skill involved in using them.

3. E = nice farming tool, also gives a pool charge and maybe minor health back since Q can`t target minions anymore

It may need an animation change to draw in blood instead of it coming from Vlad so it makes sense that it charges pool.

R can stay the same.

Some value changes may be needed like lowering pool hp cost since u now have to
charge it and maybe buffing Q a bit.

Now these are not very big changes but they would make these 2 characters more active and fun, and a bit harder to play.

What do you guys think?

Dracozero

12-05-2010

no

HandsomeJimm

12-05-2010

Sona is understadable but unnecessary.

Your opinion on Vlad is bananaz. Ignite shuts him down and pool already has **** damage and **** cooldown, its not a damage spell, but an escape spell. Tides costs him so much health that he needs to heal with something... oh, wait, Transfusion of course!

Stop playing with baddies and focus vladimir on your teamfights. QQing for nerfs only makes the game less competitive because of people like you who dont understand a certain character's mechanics and doesnt know how to counter them.

Liquidone

12-05-2010

You made this thread before. It got down voted and locked so your logic is to remake it so it can be down voted and locked again? OK, whatever.

john

12-05-2010

Threads like these always get downvoted by players who main the champions in question. I'm not sure they need a remake, but they are both really powerful, really easy to play, and really annoying. Maybe even really "anti-fun"...

Liquidone

12-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by aenguskhan View Post
Threads like these always get downvoted by players who main the champions in question. I'm not sure they need a remake, but they are both really powerful, really easy to play, and really annoying. Maybe even really "anti-fun"...
Sona can be 2 shotted by any decent burst champ and Vlad gets ****ed by silence and CC. Yep, all powerful pub stompers for sure.

DotEleven

12-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by K1CKER View Post
SONA

1. Q = it auto-targets 2 enemies prioritizing champions

can be made so that you have to target an enemy like most spells in the game,
and have the second spell come out of Sona that auto-targets.

It`s still unique and now it gives it some needed skill

2. W = the heal can work the same way as above: choose the first target to heal and auto-target the second one.

The E and the R can stay the same.

She may need some minor value buffs to those 2 skills to compensate.

VLAD

1. Q = make it so that he can only target champions with it

This way he needs to be more careful because he can`t regain health off minions .

2. W = make it a chargeable ability like Kassadin slow; Q and E give you a charge and you can use pool at say 4 charges

You would actually have to plan your pools and give them more skill involved in using them.

3. E = nice farming tool, also gives a pool charge and maybe minor health back since Q can`t target minions anymore

It may need an animation change to draw in blood instead of it coming from Vlad so it makes sense that it charges pool.

R can stay the same.
Sona:
Q: I don't mind this.
W: You obviously don't play Sona since the heal only targets 1 person and then Sona herself, there is no second other champion invovled. So if you implemented this, it would be target the person you want to heal, and heal yourself.

Vladimir
Q: No, just no. You want to get rid of his only good laning spell? W isn't good to farm/lane with at all and his E costs too much health to consistently spam it enough.
W: Yeah, no. Just no.
E: It's a horrible farming tool. The health it takes to use it really stacks up and can take out most of your health if you're spamming it to farm.

Keziki

12-05-2010

**** off

HandsomeJimm

12-05-2010

This thread is the perfect example of what happened to Pantheon

"NO HE SO OP NERF"

Nerfed

"NO HE SO UP BUFF"

Buffed

Now I wonder how much is it going to take until he gets nerfed again... because of people like the thread starter who dont understand the character's mechanics and how to counter them properly. Sigh...