Why do I fail at Jungling

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Remsiag

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-05-2010

the best newb friendly route is: Blue>wolves>wraiths>Golem>Back>red>gank.

Simple as that. You should be using 1 potion at every camp and buy boots and 1 pot after you b.

Kill red, while using the pot. Then use a pot after to keep at full health to gank.

you only need boots to do a gank as most champions don't start off with boots giving you a speed advantage along with buffs it should be a gank.

Avoid ganking lanes when your team is beside the enemies tower(overextending) Just tell them to stop pushing so hard and you can't gank if they are. If they don't listen thats their problem don't gank that lane.

what champion your jungling with also vastly changes what you have to do. Some junglers can't gank as well as Udyr or Rammus. But make up for it in other ways or they can jungle decently but can't control or gank good(see shen and gragas.)

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by midiout View Post
I'm usualy Olaf when I jungle.
I start with Cloth Armor, and 5 red pots.
The first ability I use is Vicious Strikes (lifesteal/damage), then Undertow (axe). Once Im level 4 I put a point into Reckelss Swing.
My runes are Armor Pen Red, Dodge Seal, Cooldown Blue and Hp Quints.
You got everything right. So i guess you are going the wrong route or not recalling before red. But olaf can gank right after jungling w/o recalling for me.

Do the route I mentioned and just recall before red and take it after buying boots and gank I guess. Me mostly I can gank right after red and I'm at around 60-70% HP. Ghost makes up for my boots and red makes it hard for them to escape, usually a free FB on a champion with a week escape.

Also level one Reckless Swing is useless at level 4, getting a level 2 in Undertow is better, it gives more slow and damage, reason why reckless is bad is because it doesn't refresh your red's slow. somtimes the delay with casting it and re-chasing causes em to get away.

midiout

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remsiag View Post
the best newb friendly route is: Blue>wolves>wraiths>Golem>Back>red>gank.

Simple as that. You should be using 1 potion at every camp and buy boots and 1 pot after you b.

Kill red, while using the pot. Then use a pot after to keep at full health to gank.

you only need boots to do a gank as most champions don't start off with boots giving you a speed advantage along with buffs it should be a gank.

Avoid ganking lanes when your team is beside the enemies tower(overextending) Just tell them to stop pushing so hard and you can't gank if they are. If they don't listen thats their problem don't gank that lane.

what champion your jungling with also vastly changes what you have to do. Some junglers can't gank as well as Udyr or Rammus. But make up for it in other ways or they can jungle decently but can't control or gank good(see shen and gragas.)
I'll have to try that. I never port back before Red, I usually finish everything then go for a kill. I've always though about getting boots before Razors but I just figured that would cripple my xp gain.

Thanks.

Necrosis627

12-05-2010

Olaf is always really low hp in the jungle, expect to back after your route...

redlightman

12-05-2010

Watch videos by man that is a wall made of stone.

Nicolais

12-05-2010

are u getting Utility Mastery 2/2 ?