Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Is it good to build a snowball item, when you have a bad start?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GunnaGitcha

12-05-2010

Don't get it unless you know you'll be stacking early. I've been rushing them on pantheon and get double digit stacks/20 stacks relatively quickly.

Memorylame

12-05-2010

mmmmm elixers.....

ZenithZephyr

12-05-2010

Snowball items should be called "Win More" items, because if you can get to 20 stacks without dying, you were probably going to win anyway.

Synthesized2012

12-05-2010

My early game is a lot stronger than my late game so if I don't get my soulstealer early, it usually isn't worth it. That said, it matters what hero I'm using and the situation. With Kat, I always buy the stack item, because even if I don't do well at the beginning, I can usually get the stacks regardless, and she is scaaaary stacked.

I also have a problem wanting to buy the stack item if I'm having a great early game prior to buying it, as I feel I don't need it and/or I've got too many kills without it already for it to be worthwhile.

Warscythes

12-05-2010

No, if you have a bad start I like getting some early dead end items like haunting gaise. Sure it cuts your late game but if might help your early game.

It is the same concept with pots I believe.

13eta

12-05-2010

Depends on what caused the bad start and whether your team is still likely to score kills. But, this is only if snowball items are good on your champ to begin with,

ThatAblaze

12-05-2010

The numbers work out at around 6 stacks. If you can get and keep 6 stacks with it then you're good.

If you can trade 1 kill for 1 death you'll be able to keep 6 stacks forever. If you can do any better then that you come out ahead.

Exc3ssion

12-05-2010

It depends on the game, my zil build has a spot for SS between AA staff and Zhonya's/defensive item.

It depends if my lane is really strong and can get the kills. Having an ult and time warp escape really makes keeping stacks easy. (And when you have 16~ stacks ult'ing yourself is often just as good as ult'ing your carry)