Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@Riot Giving my Acc.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

YUNGKOREA

12-05-2010

So i'm wondering if giving my account for free is against your policy.
I don't want to make a profit out of this so yeah.

Going to quit LoL and all computer games in general, wondering if I can give some nice guy my hard earned Champs and runes.

YUNGKOREA

12-05-2010

Bump if this is against their policy

ah du

12-05-2010

I am not against their policy because they don't want your hard work to be a waste.
If I were to quit someday I would give it to a trustworthy friend in real life or on the internet.

Doodified Scrab

12-05-2010

I'm sure it's not against their policy to liquidate it to whomsoever you wish. I mean, after all, it is your account. I'm sure it'd be against their policy if you decided to pawn it off, however.

Also, if you don't find anyone more deserving, I'd love to take it off your hands.

McPirate

Recruiter

12-05-2010

From the Account section of the ToU:
"You may not transfer any Account or Login Credentials to anyone. You may not share or disclose Your Login Credentials to anyone..."

I assume Riot does not want you to give accounts to other people because each person has a different skill level. The account is tailored to your skill level, thus anyone else playing has matchmaking placing him with people above or below his skill level.

But then again, unless you tell them... Riot can't really prove another person is playing the account. *wink*

Doodified Scrab

12-05-2010

Quote:
McPirate:
From the Account section of the ToU:
"You may not transfer any Account or Login Credentials to anyone. You may not share or disclose Your Login Credentials to anyone..."

I assume Riot does not want you to give accounts to other people because each person has a different skill level. The account is tailored to your skill level, thus anyone else playing has matchmaking placing him with people above or below his skill level.

But then again, unless you tell them... Riot can't really prove another person is playing the account. *wink*

I take back what I said, then. :X

Up-voted for an educated answer.

Aerodynamic

12-05-2010

Your honesty is quite amazing. I'm sure most people would have just done transfered the account without even double checking. cheers to you +!

Clinkster

12-05-2010

I find it difficult to believe Riot games has the power to tell me what I can or cannot give away.

Just change the password and give it to whom you so wish.

Doodified Scrab

12-05-2010

Quote:
Clinkster:
I find it difficult to believe Riot games has the power to tell me what I can or cannot give away.

Just change the password and give it to whom you so wish.

Riot made the game, and thus are free to enforce their own rules. We don't really have much authority in the sense.