I'm tired of tanky dps.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EquisScry

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-05-2010

I know that at the highest of the high elo it's not legit. But any level of play but that one, it's just so godmode unless you can counterpick it. It just really makes normal and lower level ranked games not fun. I'm not asking for nerfs(although I do believe them to be deserved), I just want to rant/QQ and see what others think.

Is it fun when the other team has 3+ tanks? I mean, my last 4 games each team has had 3+ tanky characters. It's fair because you can do it too, but it's just not fun. Building pure defensive items and still putting out good damage is a bad concept.

Why can't all tanks be like Alistar, Nunu and Singed? They have terrible damage(except Nunu ult, but if you let him charge that you are bad) but great CC/support. Why does every new tank or tanky character have a ton of survivability, escape spells and still puts out reasonable damage even if their build is Sunfire Randuins FoN?

Assassins are a terrible pick in this game unless you know the other team actually has people to pick off. My old favorite toon was Akali, but she's unplayable because what if the enemy team is Warwick, Garen, Gragas, Malphite and MF? Is it the best teamcomp? No, you can counter that in arranged 5v5. But will that team ROLL all but the most organized players? Yes.

I'm just tired of it. I hated the poke teams(Ezreal+Soraka+Janna etc). I hated the aoe comp(you know the team). But I hate tanky dps teams with a passion more than those combined.

tl;dr I realize there has to be a prevalent metagame, and that tanky dps isn't viable at the highest of high elo, but it's still annoying to deal with. QQ

YUNGKOREA

12-05-2010

Late game singed is terrifying

Spit Bucket

12-05-2010

agree

malphite with full tank items can get lets say a corki to half health or lower just with one combo

r431

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-05-2010

An almost fully farmed Tristana lost one-on-one duke against a Singed with RoA and Zhonyas (or any other 'so-called-tanks' with equivalent tanky items).

The balance in tanks are currently pretty bizarre. I mean, look at those unreal damage. They can just build survivability and deal the very same damage as a farmed carry. FFS.

redlightman

12-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spit Bucket View Post
agree

malphite with full tank items can get lets say a corki to half health or lower just with one combo
Malphite scales with armor and Corki does physical damage.

Firellius

12-05-2010

Hi Mundo, Malphite and Garen.

Hi Mundo, Malphite, Garen and Vlad

Hi Mundo, Malphite, Singed and Cho'Gath

Hi Mundo, Malphite, Nasus and Amumu

Basically every team I go up against has a couple of tanks that make my life as a glass cannon miserable. There's absolutely no reward anymore.

NeoScout

12-05-2010

current metagame doesn't produce lulz, just sads

Galgus

12-05-2010

Nasus never seems to do half-way respectable damage compared to your average Mundo champion.

Ashley Grey

12-05-2010

lol they are not that good like some people play Irelia really badly lol they end up can't killing **** and then being killed by like 4-5 easily since they don't have enough money for tanky gear

HotslothGG

12-05-2010

TANKY DPS, gotta nerf em' all!

(it's a joke for all of you angry forum goers)