@IronStylus - How did you let this pass? (New Leona Skin)

First Riot Post
1234567 ... 10
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sky of Smiles

08-20-2013

Please, Stylus. Don't release it like that. It can be MUCH better.

Wheazle

08-20-2013

bump

Baron wins games

08-20-2013

It's just too colorful for me, It'd be better with just yellow white and orange imo.

Linna Excel

08-20-2013

I think he's trying to make sure people only want the default skin. It's one of the best default skins, so I'm totally happy to keep using it.

But yeah, the skin is ugly and they only took the worst parts of the concept.

Soiyeruda

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKB The Doctor View Post
I like it. The original concept was only 2 colors. This one looks a lot better imo. Especially with the tweaked Solari emblem on the shield and all the sunflowers.

If you're too busy comparing it to Lux's pre-release splash, remember that was supposed to be Lux's classic skin. The art direction was bad with the champion concept. This is a themed skin and the colors fit well with that theme, even if you might not agree with it at first.
So is the theme supposed to be "beach/pool party" or "silly little kids playing water fight"? Because I was sort of expecting the former with a few of the characters delving slightly into the latter territory.

Tolinar

08-20-2013

I gotta say... why the blues?
Why not use some tans or heck, even PINK for highlights?

JK6 FORCE

08-20-2013

I thought Stylus only did the concept art, not the modeling. They could be on two different teams. And it's LoL. The modeling is not to be super high class you know.

Anyways, I think the pale blue needs to be the same color as the board's strips. The body suit was probably added for his personal taste of how women should be viewed. I respect that he wants to keep her a bit undersexualized. Aside from that, I got no quarrels.

Hopefully, the animations are innovative.

The Liars Creed

08-20-2013

Bump

Orthoclase

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-20-2013

I like it for the most part, just that purple seems like a bit of an odd choice. Like Henry said, I'll wait to see it in game before I make a final judgement

Tenmar

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuri Ono View Post
Sunbathing Leona Concept Art- Link

vs

Sunbathing Leona Final Skin - Link

The final version...is hideous. :-\ Aside from the Teemo shield I think people were generally happy with the original concept. It was modest yet revealing. Nicely colored, and fit Leona's theme as a whole.

The actual skin is nauseating. It uses a terrible color blend (like someone vomited up a randomized neon palette) and lacks any of the elegance of the concept art. About the only good thing about it is the sunflowers are a nice touch to the shoes.

I know a concept is really 'only' that, a concept. But how could this design have fallen down the quality tree so far? Especially for a champion I know you are quite fond of. What happened Parrot?
Two things.

1. Color theory- Yellow and purple are color complements. Meaning that in terms of being easy on the eye the two contrast well so that they both stand out to the player while playing.

2. IronStylus' art style- You really expect him to actually have a *** positive art style? Granted there really isn't much of a difference but if you really expect Ironstylus to have any of his characters show any skin then you really don't understand his artistic style. So Leona not even being in a bikini but more of a sundress(I really dont know the proper name) of a much older version of a bikini was expected.

That said, It's one of those expectations. Honestly the expectations are usually set too high especially when you consider how art doesn't always transition well into 3d models. Not to mention the artistic tastes of Riot Staff. I'll admit the art is better than the model but only so much you can do.

EDIT: Made a mistake it is yellow and PURPLE that complement each other. Just mistyped sorry. FYI blue and ORANGE complement each other.

1234567 ... 10