@IronStylus - How did you let this pass? (New Leona Skin)

First Riot Post
12345 ... 10
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sakuri Ono

08-20-2013

Sunbathing Leona Concept Art- Link

vs

Sunbathing Leona Final Skin - Link

The final version...is hideous. :-\ Aside from the Teemo shield I think people were generally happy with the original concept. It was modest yet revealing. Nicely colored, and fit Leona's theme as a whole.

The actual skin is nauseating. It uses a terrible color blend (like someone vomited up a randomized neon palette) and lacks any of the elegance of the concept art. About the only good thing about it is the sunflowers are a nice touch to the shoes.

I know a concept is really 'only' that, a concept. But how could this design have fallen down the quality tree so far? Especially for a champion I know you are quite fond of. What happened Parrot?

Dryad Soraka

08-20-2013

i don't like the blue

bleGH

SwipeZ

08-20-2013

leona not in armor? looks like parrot getting a little horny at riot recently

Soiyeruda

08-20-2013

It's like almost-release Lux all over again. Even looks like she has ugly light blue eye shadow.

MagicalMerlin

08-20-2013

I agree. I was so excited for the skin and it just looks awful. The colors are horrid. She is wearing an ugly purple one piece under that shirt with the bright blue trim and what appears to be a frumpy jacket around her waist. It's like an old lady going to the beach. Not to mention her face looks like she painted blue circle where her eyes should be.

Faceplosion

08-20-2013

Please, the same way Valkrie Leona passed:

Hey IronStylus, you really mean a lot to us but... boobs=bucks so we're releasing this skin lol see ya.

de Dust

08-20-2013

First you cry for a player-created skin

- Riot delivers

Then, you cry because it's not perfect enough

I guess I was raised to be thankful for what I get. Beggers can't be choosers you know. And you don't HAVE to buy it btw.

DontWorryIFeedU

08-20-2013

Whoa whoa whoa....

THATS THE SKIN I PASSED UP THE IRON SOLARI SALE FOR?

Holy wtf did you do to Leona IronStylus? I thought she was your girl T_T

Edit: Ok maybe a little over-dramatic, but those blue colors really take away the SUN in Sunbathing Leona for me. I'll wait to see the Skin Spotlight before I truely regret not buying Iron Solari over this.

DannyPhantumm

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-20-2013

You don't buy the skin for the in game looks. You buy it because it's pretty. You don't play all the way zoomed in.

Henry Plainview

08-20-2013

It might look better when it's in game and not in an artificial pose. Just saying.

12345 ... 10