Security Update Discussion

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tyr Howl

08-31-2013

I love how their has been no new Red post.
Just proves once again, Riot cares not for its player base after all.
cares only about whose going to follow them no matter what they change.

Ohh Riot by the way, you still screwed up, ROYALY this time

ninjagear

08-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyr Howl View Post
I love how their has been no new Red post.
Just proves once again, Riot cares not for its player base after all.
cares only about whose going to follow them no matter what they change.

Ohh Riot by the way, you still screwed up, ROYALY this time
this kind of negative feedback is wat drives red posters out of the forums.

Fadedninja711

08-31-2013

I just lost a ranked game that i wasn't even in. once i loaded in i couldn't do anything but sit at the fountain the entire time. I also had a 17 ping(Yes 17 ping) which makes not sence why i was lagging. that is why i'm not positive that it was the server or my client, but it did not make me happy at all. I also tried re-logging in game and it did the same thing. I would love the 3 lp i lost refunded or at the very least a lost prevented, cause that was not okay.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg nic-cage-birdhair.jpg (36.9 KB, 14 views)

Conath

08-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjagear View Post
i know right. personally im excited accounts and cc#'s were hacked and stolen. i think riot deserves a raise for a job well done!

metz11

08-31-2013

Forcing people to change passwords is ridiculous.

Iamapoopama

08-31-2013

Sweet! I've just received my free Riot Points!

>> FreeRiotPoints.me <<

Tyr Howl

08-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjagear View Post

Umm its not negative, You have people in Riot making us
come up with New passwords, that by the way Many players cannot remember.
They refuse to make THEIR standards lower so that passwords can be made with
8 characters or less and still be fine.

And Oh yes I remember from my last post.
They are making ALL OF US, create new passwords because they think/"know"
that we all use the exact SAME password for everything, which makes them sound
very stupid for saying so.

I have not heard anything positive coming from the ACTUAL player base,
that Riot does. Its all THEIR ideas and THEIR way.

ninjagear

09-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conath View Post
i know right. personally im excited accounts and cc#'s were hacked and stolen. i think riot deserves a raise for a job well done!
hey there mr perfect, im sure u never made one mistake ever. esp if u had to program hundreds of thousands of lines of code, that all worked together seamlessly and didnt present an obvious way in.

keep lying to urself saying that there actually is a perfect lock out there. btw there ISNT. any security system can be compromised given enough time and a smart enough thief. be thankful that riot had the balls to come out in the open and let their customers know there was a problem, instead of trying to hide it like numerous other companies have tried to do in the past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyr Howl View Post
Umm its not negative...
his comment was negative feedback cause it added nothing to the conversation except to try and point the ugly finger of blame at riot. blaming people doesnt solve problems, it just makes fixing them a bigger mess. as to the rest of ur rant about having to change a password? no comment.

ShadowMagi

09-01-2013

My password, my responsibility. Just because the RIOT server was hacked I have to adjust my password algorithms? I am all for security. Don't get me wrong. However, I do not care for my policy to be changed because someone else experienced an issue. Yes, thank you for your concern but at the end of the day I am responsible for my own password and the algorithm that I use.

Securing the RIOT server(s) shouldn't have anything to do with my account. Updating my password to some super difficult algorithm that I have to have a sticky to remember isn't going to help make it anymore secure if the RIOT server is what gets hacked.

All the fanboi's can down vote me and hate post me into oblivion but I still contend that each person is responsible for their own passwords and the consequences of those passwords.

Zerg Hydralisk

09-01-2013

So I have a smurf account, that I have rarely ever played.

Previous summoner name cleanup, I guess my smurf account got its name erased and is awaiting a new summoner name.

The problem is, because of this NEW PASSWORD that riot requires, When I type in my username and password, it tells me I have to change the password.

When I get directed to a log-in page, I am told "You must first create a Summoner by logging into League of Legends before logging into our website."

What am I supposed to do now? I can't log into League of Legends client, because it asks me to change the password in your site, and when I try to log in to your site, it tells me I must log in to League of Legends client to create a summoner name/icon.

Please help.