Security Update Discussion

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ramageddon

08-22-2013

I have been locked out since yesterday afternoon with no reply from support. I can't even get the account to send me my recovery e-mail. I have like 5 smurf accounts that work just fine but this account tells me my old or what I thought to be new password are incorrect. I just want to be able to play on the account I invested hundreds of dollars. So frustrated just get to stare at lucian log in screen. (skunkodor)

dacocobaggins

08-22-2013

so. . . i just lost my account because i went to change my password like i was asked to, and something went wrong, because my account no longer has a password to match its username. ?? even when i go to forgot password it tells me to type in my current password and when i do it is not working please help i don't know what went wrong.

Hellsaw

08-22-2013

Well I just had to change my password then change it back, thanks.

Veruco

Associate Product Manager

08-22-2013
13 of 13 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dacocobaggins View Post
so. . . i just lost my account because i went to change my password like i was asked to, and something went wrong, because my account no longer has a password to match its username. ?? even when i go to forgot password it tells me to type in my current password and when i do it is not working please help i don't know what went wrong.
You may already be logged into an account. You will need to log out to recover your password. Check the top right-hand corner of the website. (screen cap attached)

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	log out.PNG
Views:	331
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	764989  

deidraprince

08-22-2013

Ever since this whole password reset thing,I have been unable to log in on MY laptop only. I successfully reset my password, but i still cant log in. It says that the server isn't responding and gives me a log in error message. I tried logging in on my brothers laptop and it accepted the new password just fine. When I attempt to log in on MY laptop then, I receive the error message. This happens for all username/password combinations tried on MY laptop, even when i tried to log in with my brothers information. I have read attempted several tech support solutions from riot, but nothing has changed. PLEASE HELP

falkenjeff

08-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by chpstrkn View Post
really and does it ask for your pass word to retrieve it? well if you can READ it ask's for your " current password " to reset it. jee if I had it I wouldn't be asking, if the one I changed it to yesterday worked, I wouldn't need to retrieve it
Nope, because I logged out first. Silly.

Jeanpaul II

08-22-2013

I want to know what you are going to do about stolen credit information left on your servers. This is a serious situation that requires immediate attention!

tipsomally1

08-22-2013

The new password requirement for this game is ridiculous. I had to spend 5 minutes coming up with a password strong enough to secure a free to play account so strangers couldnt access my account...and do what exactly? buy me gylphs with IP? I have bank accounts with easier passwords. **** off. Next gen consoles ftw.

Jeanpaul II

08-22-2013

In all of your announcements yo have not placed a date in witch this info was compromised. i wish to look over my bank statments for fraudulent charges but I dont know how far back to check?!

karess

08-22-2013

Yo, riot... your reset seems to be b0rked.

When I entered my updated info the reset logic kept telling me that username/password was incorrect.

I tried logging out and logging back in and I kept getting this "username/password incorrect".

There was never a "you've updated your infoz have fun playing games and spending money!"

Which i wanted to do, because I'm a little drunk and the new horse skin looks super boss (or very elton john, whatever).

I messed w/ this for about 10 mins, read some of these posts, and thought, "they probably threw this together pretty f@$#king fast".

That seems to be the case. After backing out and then logging on using the FIRST new password I tried w/ I was able to access my new account.

If this has already been addressed please neg me into oblivion.