Security Update Discussion

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TSM Jmanbrau

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-21-2013

Im responding in this form to hopefully have a higher chance of it being seen, i changed my password and then when i went to log in with the new one it didn't work. so i went back to the site to start over with an email confirmation only to find out that the only way to change/fix a lost password is to start at step 1 with the current password... and answer me this genius brains at riot, how can one complete the task of entering there current password when they have no idea what it is... im typing in the password i set, i saved the dang thing in my google docs... yet its still saying mine is wrong, plz fix this soon.

I Use 2 Be Black

08-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmanbrau View Post
im responding in this form to hopefully have a higher chance of it being seen, i changed my password and then when i went to log in with the new one it didn't work. So i went back to the site to start over with an email confirmation only to find out that the only way to change/fix a lost password is to start at step 1 with the current password... And answer me this genius brains at riot, how can one complete the task of entering there current password when they have no idea what it is... Im typing in the password i set, i saved the dang thing in my google docs... Yet its still saying mine is wrong, plz fix this soon.
same problem wtf!?!?!!?!!?
I know my password is right, but cannot log in

TURDUCKENreatad

08-21-2013

is anyone having trouble signing into there account after reseting your password? or is it just me?

Bahamut Zero

08-21-2013

guess its time to switch over to dota 2 since this password machine wont work. it literally have to be 17 letters long with numbers and all out of order. GG RIOT hope u made ur money

IGZDevil

08-21-2013

In my other accounts, i cant login..I get the msg "Internal server error" why can't i change my pw?

Crispe

08-21-2013

I hope you were using variable salts for the hashes. I'm disappointed in the recent breaches of security all around.

Wertilq

08-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veruco View Post
Passwords must be between 8 and 30 characters long, contain at least 1 number, contain no slashes or spaces, and must not be easily guessable. Now, "not easily guessable" is what seems to be tripping up a lot of people so I'll try to provide a bit more detail into what this means.

Account thieves are very good at guessing passwords because most people tend to use the same password for multiple websites and use a predictable word and letter combinations (i.e. password1 or sunshine5). This means your account information can be stolen on one website, but then potentially used on another. For this reason, the password strength meter detects if a password is 'instantly crackable' by checking if you are using a word from a list which hackers have used in the past to steal other accounts. If a word in your password appears in this list, then it drastically reduces the strength. Strong passwords are unique to the person using them, but hard for someone else (or a machine) to guess.

Example of a weak password:
sunshine1989

Example of a strong password:
correcthorsebatterystaple5
That you give this away is actually a security weakness. This means your tool can now be used for hacking.

Jade Phoenix 89

08-21-2013

wowwww...this whole time i put my summoner name instead of my user name -___- and wasted 2 hrs of my life

MrDoghailsatan

08-21-2013

Riot im stuck in the screen that says re-connect to game from what i have seen in the public chats so are many other people. Help

Nif Nif

08-21-2013

I am posting on my friends account right now. My account with the username kevinlan42 got hacked into somehow. I am really upset and worried becuase I have put hundred of dollars and hours into the account. If anyone from riot could reply to me here or at nathan.n.ritchie@gmail.com I'd really appreicate it!