Security Update Discussion

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OneRedHotRedhead

08-20-2013

Will this prompt any sort of authenticator application to be made for accessing our accounts? Are you certain about the data that was compromised? I have had made multiple transactions with Riot since late 2009 and I do not know when exactly those transactions occurred. I would like more specific information about the compromise of data, specifically credit card information.

Having worked for a large company that had a breach of is own (via an affiliate) I know that the information about the breach that is given to customers is not exactly the complete truth. Of all the issues and complaints people have, this one here is above all. As with any company, those who pay for the product/service deserve better than damage control posts.

Thanks.

Cirno Strongest

08-20-2013

So any comments about the stolen code for the upcoming game?

Jiggybuns

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirno Strongest View Post
So any comments about the stolen code for the upcoming game?

move my account back to NA since Riot is taking forever to do it

Chrony

08-20-2013

so can I get a response onthe credit card info or what? I made purchases in may through July of 2011...do I need to cancel my card now? Or am I going to have to contact you guys in person and complain till I get an answer?

Jiggybuns

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrony View Post
Do can I get a response onthe credit card info or what? I made purchases in may through July of 2011...do I need to cancel my card now? Or am I going to have to contact you guys in person and complain till I get an answer?

I'd cancel my card if I were you.

VoodooSnake

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-20-2013

the password i was gonna was

7415.pa55.15.700.3a5y.70.9u355

but it was considered weak...

so i settled for something way easier to remember and easier to hack.

VoodooSnake

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrony View Post
so can I get a response onthe credit card info or what? I made purchases in may through July of 2011...do I need to cancel my card now? Or am I going to have to contact you guys in person and complain till I get an answer?
why would you ask on the forums to begin with? just contact them directly...

Splendid Cake

08-20-2013

So what about the people sent to Brazil?

And what about the Jason and GEM stuff? Was that actually related, or was the hacker trolling?

Mudpuppy12

08-20-2013

Sooo..

Anyone notice the password change page isn't SSL secure webpage. Anyone notice the link that was going to http:// and not https://.

Changing password is great and all, but why send the new one unencrypted over the wire.

BelligerentGnu

08-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chager View Post
@Chess 435 - Yes, even if you have a strong password you'll be required to change it. However, if you've changed your password since the maintenance last night, you won't be required to as you would have used the new pw standards we put in place
This really pisses me off. My passwords are always 8+ random numbers, letters and punctuation signs and I HATE having to memorize a new one. May your week be filled with minor irritations. -.-