Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

A Brief Nidalee Review

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hidan

12-20-2009

Quote:
PuppetSoul:
Balanced?

She has Teemo's movequick. But it doesn't get disabled if she gets hit.

She has Soraka's lane heal. But it costs less than half the mana, and scales up higher and faster.

She has Jax's blink strike. But it doesn't cost mana, is AoE, has no cooldown and can be used to move in any direction (it can't jump over walls, so it's not Shumpo).

She has Sivir's attack speed. But it's on a basic skill and can be applied in full to other heroes.

She has Teemo's mushrooms for map control. But they give truesight on whatever triggers them and can't be destroyed.

Oh, and let's not forget that she has five nukes, three of which cost no mana, and three of which are AoE, and all of which have rediciulously short cooldowns, so you can chain out a seven nuke combo in under two seconds.

Nidalee is rigged. Like... Mary Sue, "I have all your powers and none of the drawbacks" rigged.

All she needs is Destiny/Gate and she could be substituted in as a better version of every non-tank hero.

You know, on paper all that stuff looks rigged...but buddy have you ever played against her? She's good, not great. Never once have I seen her strolling along and thought "OMG run shes coming!!!!", which is the thought process I had when I saw tryn walking up towards me. She is extremly counterable and just flat out not hard to beat in a team battle, so shes cool and all but saying she is overpowered is a bit of an overstatement.

Arafel

Friend of Urf

12-20-2009

She has a ridiculous amount of utility and can fit several roles as one hero, but overpowered? No.

Pray

Recruiter

12-20-2009

Quote:
Zileas:
wow with disingenuous out of context comparisons like that, you should go into politics ;p

- Zileas

Gotta say i sort of feel like he's very right...

Vlasphemy

12-20-2009

As a tristana player I see Nidalee's E ablity really OP. What makes Tristana is her ability to increase attack speed for 8 seconds (90%) and has a 20 second cooldown. Nidalee in the other hand has a heal that also increases speed for 8 seconds AND has a 10 second cooldown ( she just can have a continuous increase in attack speed while healing herself). So no, she is not OP ... not to say the blinking cougar nor the spammable nukes...

Chorus

12-20-2009

She's squishy as hell and has no CC.

There, I said it.

Business

Recruiter

12-20-2009

Right, she is vulnerable to stuns, has no way of stopping a hero, but has very good chasing / escaping, and also can heal. If she isn't changed at all, I'll be more than happy, I just don't think it's balanced.

I would understand it if they didn't nerf shaco, but they toned down his blink a ton, because he was just about invincible before it, and I feel Nidalee is the same against teams without a hard stun lock.

Zeta

12-20-2009

Any other DPS Champion can out DPS her. She's only a real threat (as in, she kills you and you can't do anything) to mages or support without CC or lone tanks with low health.

Prkl8r

12-20-2009

She may do a lot of damage but in a team fight, if the other team knows what they are doing, she will be focused and killed easily and if there is aoe she cant even really go in to melee.

I really like her but her squishyness is fairly frustrating especially if you compare her to other heroes like Yi, who does ridicules damage, its just auto attack damage rather than nuke damage, but it might as well be an auto attack nuke, and he has far more survivability than she does. Her only real advantage to Yi is that she can switch between ranged and melee. Before you can call her OP, you need to take a look at some of the other heroes first.

If they did nerf anything about her than i sure hope they increase her survivability in a team fight.

Kaneh

12-21-2009

I think I've been afraid of her when i was screwing around with heimer. Owait. I was screwing around with heimer.

She's actually pretty garbage as a champion. All the versatility, none of the specialization. Closest "pure" is melee dps. And she has no hp, no natural cc, no burst, no blink. She has alot of abilities, but none of them add up to her being anything other than sub-par at whatever role you're trying to fill.

Basically, she suffers from janna/muundo syndrome - there's another champion that does whatever you're trying to do better. All this ancedotal eveidence of stuff you were doing with her, you could've done twice as well with master yi. or trynd.

Amarth

Recruiter

12-21-2009

I have played quite a few games as nidalee now and I really don't see her super op-ness. I actually got told one time that she was a terrible hero and I shouldn't pick her at champion select (true story). Certainly she has a lot of abilities that are low/no cost but I have never thought "wow I'm really spamming this trap all over the map!" and I have never had my heal actually save me in a team battle.

Anyways, I think the thing most people complain about is her run speed, but it seems they fail to realize I am moving that quickly because of boots + trinity edge + passive. I think a lot of it has to do with not knowing how to deal with her yet, although I could see pounce being moved to 2 seconds with 40% cooldown reduction.

That being said, I think it would be really nice if she could get a slow on the traps. Maybe lessen the amount of damage or armor reduction and put a slow on it. In general, the lack of slow (and the lack of say like, highlander to keep you close to someone) means you have to heavily rely on items to get things to keep them near you, either the phage/mallet or the rylais scepter. This has so far kind of put me at a dilemma because I want to get a slow for her early on but later on when I have cooldown reduction it becomes somewhat less important. Having some sort of slow on a trap that you can see isn't such a bad thing and at least currently the other teams tanky people tend to run over my traps and not suffer much at all. (like mundo for example runs over them in a team fight and they don't bother him at all) I'm not saying they should slow as badly as Teemo shrooms or fear like shaco's traps, but they should at least do something. Maybe a root in place for like 1-2 seconds even.

edit: oh, on a side note, on the up side, at least people focus me down before the twitch I usually play with now first, which kills me but gets the twitch tons of kills. One game I had like maybe 7 kills and the twitch had twice that and the team called me op. Just adds to my argument that people don't know how to deal with her yet.