A Brief Nidalee Review

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Business

12-19-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zileas View Post
wow with disingenuous out of context comparisons like that, you should go into politics ;p

- Zileas
Well put. He has a point that's buried in all of it, and the lack of context kind of destroys it, but, over all, what are your opinions on the developement side towards balancing out Nidalee? I think she is the most fun and one of the most unique heros, as her play style is very fast and considerably engaging.

Any ideas on how to balance her without simply shaving off a portion of her strength on every aspect?

Rmelol

12-19-2009

i think shes completely balanced, shes like jax. great 1v1 and in team fights but not as ridiculous as yii.
she doesnt need to be nerfed, but other heros need a buff and some need a nerf

OctopusDropkick

12-19-2009

I just have a definite problem with the range on her traps. It's like a long-ranged debuffing bomb.

Rmelol

12-19-2009

yeah thats understandable, today i was using them to reveal teemo mushrooms and killing them for a free 25g

TokinPrez

12-19-2009

Honestly she is perfectly fine, well balanced and on top of it all she is very very fun to play. I have been playing her a lot since her release.

People seem to knee jerk instantly when a new hero or hero patch happens and it is always so one sided, either the champion is OP or UP and most of the time the arguments made are poor.

She can do a lot and perform various roles but if I have learned one thing it is that a pure class, a character with a focus is almost always better then a jack of all trades type (these types are very fun however)

If you look at her as a carry there are better options, many of them who will carry the team better.

If you look at her as support there are champions who also do better here.

Tank...I think we all know there is far better!

Map control, traps and utility, again she is trumped by others.

She does a lot of things well but does nothing fantastic. This what makes her so fun to play, complex and still manages to be helpful for a team even though she is not the best at a given role.

Balanced hero, amazingly fun to play, I give Riot mad props with this one as a job well done. I feel like they can be a bit hit or miss with new champions and now that they have done this many times, they are getting to a point where they are releasing them in good condition.

I will say...to those saying how OP she is...she can be a good pup stomper but then so can many heroes that people scream to have nerfed...and then many top play heroes...go under the radar. She has burst and so bad players will die with ease, do not blame the game for your own short comings.

Conflict

12-20-2009

Honestly I don't feel like playing this game until she is fixed. Every game someone is playing this rigged hero and it ruins the game.

Noth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2009

Anyone who hates the traps needs to learn to dodge. If you can dodge Karthus' lay waste, you can dodge a trap placed at your feet.

Zeta

12-20-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmelol View Post
i think shes completely balanced, shes like jax. great 1v1 and in team fights but not as ridiculous as yii.
she doesnt need to be nerfed, but other heros need a buff and some need a nerf
This, she's completely balanced.

She has no blink ability. Her Pounce only jumps her one body forward so she cannot initiate in a team fight as a panther.

Her spear and traps are fairly easily dodged. She cannot contribute anything to a team-fight but a heal.

She's death on kitty paws in 1 vs 1 or 2 vs 2, but in any other situation another hero outperforms her.

Stormsoul

12-20-2009

I think the only thing that needs to be tuned a bit is her heal. It's way too cheap and heals a bit too much for the amazing effect it also gives. Other than that, she's fine in my book, though her spear could stand to go a bit faster. As is it's laughably easy to dodge it, imo.

Radec

12-20-2009

She's quite balanced. 1on1 she's tough and in team fights she's useful without being over the top. You have to constantly think ahead to be able to use her to the fullest in team fights, I really like that.