A Brief Nidalee Review

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Business

12-18-2009

Nidalee, an awesome hero that I find more fun that any hero (probably more so because she is a bit overpowered at the moment).

I think it is o.k. that she is OP as opposed to horribly underpowered as demonstrated by Udyr version 1.0

She will be changed, but a quick look at her abilities.

Q - javelin toss is quite balanced, as the projectile is not too fast, still predictable, and a considerable mana cost while not delivering massive damage until much later.

Cougar Q - Umm. A bit powerful for no cost, especially with such a low cooldown.

W - Traps should have a max amount, and if the range is to be kept, definitely put a cap on the max amount, but other than that, love them.

Cougar W - Please. It's ok, but there needs to be some set back to jump jump jump. Leapfrog is lame.

E - Heal is way too low mana for just how strong it is. 50 mana rank 3 for a 250 heal, as well as bonus attack speed, it's just way too strong, nothing more to say.

Cougar E - Very good, I like how it helps both in team fights and farming, not too strong but definitely good enough to be noticeable in 1v1 as well.

Ultimate - Love the mechanic, maybe a longer cooldown or mana cost for shifting to discourage leapfrog games.

Overall, there needs to be SOME negative to her synergy, it just works TOO well, TOO efficiently as is right now.

I love the character, by far my favorite, was waiting very long for a hero to have an ability for brush play.

I think maybe having her abilities of cougar scale with her abilities in human form, and have her ultimate decrease the mana cost of both shifting and (insert other good idea here).

That's all, Business out.

It's Business time.

Hand of Might

12-18-2009

I'm surprised you didn't mention the most OP thing of all: her attack animation.

Explanation: For any DPS character, the objective is to get the most hits in as fast as they can. Nidalee has one of the BEST animations of ANY champ (I think only teemo or ashe can compare, if even). Notice her chasing someone... When she attacks, there is virtually no delay and she doesn't get slowed by attacking; she can keep chasing without 'stalling' that is seen on many other champions.

I need to play more, but I already think her attack animation is super OP. With her basic damage she can harrass the **** out of a lane.

Volityl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-18-2009

Oh hi thar

After seeing you play her the other day I agree with you on the op part :P haven't had enough chance to play her myself since the servers been down in aus prime time for the last 3 days...

Oberic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-19-2009

People need to learn how to buy armor and resist gear. Buying 5 damage increasing items and a boot is a bad idea. That's why she can kill, same for all carries.
(I play AP Nidalee, lich bane and rylai.)
I usually only get up to like 300 AP before the game ends so far. And her heal.. It's not much. and not as good as anyone elses.

Also, Her traps do have a limit, they shatter into a mass of blood (lol?) after 4 minutes, thus, limit. Besides, the enemy can see them fine if they aren't in the brush. What's funny is when someone runs around trying to pop them all in a row really fast. Like it's a ******ed mini-game or something.

Drawback on cougar leap, is that you can't aim it properly, it jumps her version of forward, really irritating to miss a kill-leap because minions bump you and you fly off to the side.

I always get Q (javelin) slowest, so I'm not sure about it, but when I got it first, it was still only a decent nuke if it hit. As for the cougar part of Q, I cant tell how much damage it's doing, because it scales based on the HP% of who you hit.

Oberic

12-19-2009

Sorry for double post, whatever, don't feel like clicking edit.

Off topic, but somehow in a game I experienced a rare Nidalee bug.
I did cougar leap then transformed into human form while casting way too much, and somehow... I double-leaped, like leap-humanLeap.
Also, if you hit form change and a spell too close together while in cougar form, the cooldown messes up on human form, though trap is almost always messed up.

PuppetSoul

12-19-2009

Who needs items when you can burst someone with seven consecutive nukes, have a built in runspeed passive on par with Teemo's movequick, huge autoattack range with a solid animation, and a laning heal that puts Soraka's to shame?

Her only real weakness is that you have to roll your face across your keyboard in BOTH directions to win.

sogy

12-19-2009

i love her my favorite champ so far ranged and melee possibilities its so fun o play her as well the thing i think kind of balances all the stuff u guys said is her cougar abilities dont stack with AB or attack dmg which is a good thing because if it did they'd be super OP so i think she's kind of balanced now the only thing that might be OP is the trap number the other day i had like 8traps in one bush at like the same exact spot was hilarious when sum one walked thought it tho i was just cracking up laughing took out like a 1/4 of his HP

i dont like periods btw

PuppetSoul

12-19-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by sogy View Post
i love her my favorite champ so far ranged and melee possibilities its so fun o play her as well the thing i think kind of balances all the stuff u guys said is her cougar abilities dont stack with AB or attack dmg which is a good thing because if it did they'd be super OP so i think she's kind of balanced now the only thing that might be OP is the trap number the other day i had like 8traps in one bush at like the same exact spot was hilarious when sum one walked thought it tho i was just cracking up laughing took out like a 1/4 of his HP

i dont like periods btw

Balanced?

She has Teemo's movequick. But it doesn't get disabled if she gets hit.

She has Soraka's lane heal. But it costs less than half the mana, and scales up higher and faster.

She has Jax's blink strike. But it doesn't cost mana, is AoE, has no cooldown and can be used to move in any direction (it can't jump over walls, so it's not Shumpo).

She has Sivir's attack speed. But it's on a basic skill and can be applied in full to other heroes.

She has Teemo's mushrooms for map control. But they give truesight on whatever triggers them and can't be destroyed.

Oh, and let's not forget that she has five nukes, three of which cost no mana, and three of which are AoE, and all of which have rediciulously short cooldowns, so you can chain out a seven nuke combo in under two seconds.

Nidalee is rigged. Like... Mary Sue, "I have all your powers and none of the drawbacks" rigged.

All she needs is Destiny/Gate and she could be substituted in as a better version of every non-tank hero.

Zileas

VP of Game Design

12-19-2009
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuppetSoul View Post
Balanced?

She has Soraka's lane heal. But it costs less than half the mana, and scales up higher and faster.

She has Jax's blink strike. But it doesn't cost mana, is AoE, has no cooldown and can be used to move in any direction (it can't jump over walls, so it's not Shumpo).

She has Sivir's attack speed. But it's on a basic skill and can be applied in full to other heroes.

She has Teemo's mushrooms for map control. But they give truesight on whatever triggers them and can't be destroyed.

Oh, and let's not forget that she has five nukes, three of which cost no mana, and three of which are AoE, and all of which have rediciulously short cooldowns, so you can chain out a seven nuke combo in under two seconds.

Nidalee is rigged. Like... Mary Sue, "I have all your powers and none of the drawbacks" rigged.

All she needs is Destiny/Gate and she could be substituted in as a better version of every non-tank hero.
wow with disingenuous out of context comparisons like that, you should go into politics ;p

- Zileas

Zeta

12-19-2009

Quote:
Janna, too. That overpowered Mary Sue! : (

Teemo doesn't have to touch grass to get a speedbuff? Well that makes no difference!

Quote:
It doesn't give armor, for one. For another, it's her only heal.

Quote:
You mean leap strike? Jax's has three times the range of Nidalee's pounce.

Quote:
Um, you mean Sivir's ultimate? The one that applies to all heroes around her when she uses it? And that gives movement speed, too?

Quote:
Um, no. She has pounce, and claw as a cat. She has her spear as a human. That's it.

Her trap is delayed, and on a long cooldown.

Her spear is a skillshot.

Her cougar Q is a single-target effect that doesn't scale and does almost no damage to an opponent over 50% health.

Quote:
You know who else is overpowered? Taric! He has like, Soraka's heal, but it heals him, too! And he has Sion's stun! And he has Rammus's armor buff, except it's on all the time and it can explode to do damage! What a mary sue!