Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Question about SWAIN and a few other champions.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TrueWarLord

12-05-2010

i buy Swain and like it.. well, i dont like malph, but rammus are prety good. How about shen? He is good tank and are a ninja, ninjas rules..

Khu

12-05-2010

Swain is awesome. No you're not the huge AP nuke mage...you're the "Surprise I'm not super squishy like you thought am I? Oh...what's that, you're dying because of my AoE DoT + the two DoTs I just put on you all while I'm healing for more than you can damage me? Well well well, would you look at that" mage.

AA, Rylais, WoTA are the core item builds that I've found so far. With that you can survive a LOT of damage and if you get the blue buff - which you should get at every opportunity - you can remain in bird-form for a good long while. If you're looking for "tanky mage" then Swain is where it's at. He's friggen awesome.

Also at level two, Q+E will DEVOUR an enemy's health, probably 1/3rd of their health. A lot of players will be super aggressive and run away with a lot less health then they bargained for.

At level 6 I've been able to dive against multiple Vlads and laugh as I outheal them. Swain is awesome and under-appreciated (which is good since I don't want him being FoTM)

Edit: I didn't kill him, no. But I was able to go toe to toe with a Morde for a few seconds while our respective teams came to the fray because we were both around minions, he was getting shield, I was healing.

Pterodactyl911

12-05-2010

Rammus is a great tank. My personal favorite