Question about SWAIN and a few other champions.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fates Redemption

12-05-2010

Hai guys!

I've been debating for awhile now to spend about 20 dollars or so on Riot Points. First on my list to get on SWAIN but someone informed me that he is now either useless or some other caster can do his job better... Can someone elaborate?

Second I am looking for TANK character.

The two that caught my eye was Rammus and Malphite, any opinions on these two?

Debate!

Kamekaze

12-05-2010

I'm no amazing pro player but here are my two cents.

Swain is by no means useless, he can be extremely good. The problem here is that people are expecting him to be some sort of nuke ap carry beast when his mechanics just don't work out that way. In my personal opinion he's best played as a support character that is good at weakening and setting up a target for a kill. Basically, he requires a lot more skill than most other champs to achieve results and getting good at landing his w is a key factor.

As far as your choice of tanks, both are good, but Rammus is the only one that's a true tank. Malphite is great but he's more offtank/initiator material.

rayvah

12-05-2010

Swain is great dude, my buddy at 1600 ELO or so mains him and never does bad. Just get a RoA, Rylai's and maybe a Banshee Veil and you have 3k hp, then get a Zhonya and thats like 300+ AP with his ulti survivability + CC. He is amazing.

IMLOwl

12-05-2010

Edit: Wrong swain thread. Fail.

Mackleshmores

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayvah View Post
Swain is great dude, my buddy at 1600 ELO or so mains him and never does bad. Just get a RoA, Rylai's and maybe a Banshee Veil and you have 3k hp, then get a Zhonya and thats like 300+ AP with his ulti survivability + CC. He is amazing.
If your games are this long then something is wrong

ShadyGrave

12-05-2010

the tricky part with swain is landing his root. thats the reason why they say others can do better, annie's stun is instant for example. and he has to run into the enemy champs to use his ult, so that requires a bit of timing or be a bit tanky.

rammus is an amazing tank. malphite is tank/offtank, also extremely good. cant go wrong choosing either really.

Fates Redemption

12-05-2010

I was debating to buy both Swain and Rammus. I have seen a Malphite in action only twice and both have been a problem to take down.

ShadyGrave

12-05-2010

i dont think you can really go wrong with rammus personally, his roll just makes him a fun champ to use in general.

Salacavalini

12-05-2010

Swain is like a magic variant of 'tanky dps' type champions. People expect him to play like the standard AoE nuke/CC mage, though, and are promptly disappointed.

Smgzy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

The Council

12-05-2010

Malphite one of the easiest champs to play atm, just max Q with mana runes and roll your enemy on recharge, rush locket and you win.

Swain needs more items that synergize with him is what people say. He seems quite fun to play though.