Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Why we don't see much tanks in ranked

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Naxxir

12-05-2010

TL;DR in bold

Well, I got the answer, first of all, I hate people who lock in stupid champs or champs the don't play with a lot, so they suck in game, that's not so ok but most people buy runes for their mains, which are mostly carries, do you know why people perfer carries? because most good carries are 6300 IP, like MF and Twitch, but their runes are cheap, let's say the ArPen Quints are 1025 IP, while the 32 HP Quints are 2050, double the price. Mostly all tank runes are double the price, but the champions are cheap themselves, Galio is an exception, but he's banned in pretty much every game. And a lot of people just buy champions and leave runes for later, they want to see the potentials of each champion without waiting a million weeks for the exact champion they want to try out.Really, Riot, tanks are the heart of the whole game in my opinion, we need them in every game, but people can't afford them. And the more types of tanks you play, the more runes (example Galio and Rammus). All runes should be at the price of carry champion runes..Thanks for reading.

ChaosZeroX

12-05-2010

Ranked is the new normal for people. Ranked isn't competitive in Elo Hell. Its Hell.

Ninjapocalypse

Recruiter

12-05-2010

No reason to tank if everyone is a ******.

Might as well go rally+revive Urgot.

TiberiusAudley

Adjudicator

12-05-2010

...I only play Alistar in Ranked.

I've only lost one ranked game since my return.

TrueWarLord

12-05-2010

Amumu and Shen still being pick in every ranked game ive played, i dont get the point i think, sry.

InfernalWyvern

12-05-2010

Thank you for such an accesible Tl;DR

IMLOwl

12-05-2010

What? I see more tanks in ranked. It's very common for two people on my team to pick tanks or at least 1 tank and a couple tanky heroes.

Diomedea

12-05-2010

Um, runes are hardly a concern. Health quints are pretty good for carries anyway, and tanks aren't particularly item/rune dependent (not as much as carries), so whatever else you got set up for them works. Arpen marks are great for jungling (which many tanks do), armor/dodge/hp/mp5 seals all work well, and cdr/mr glyphs work nicely too.

I always laugh when someone uses the "I don't have tank runes" excuse for not picking a tank.

Twilexia

12-05-2010

uhhhh a lot of the carry runes are pretty expensive too.