Do you think it is true...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Raejack

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-05-2010

...that people can be amazing with any champ? Assuming they only play that specific champ and practice all the time. I believe that it is true based on experience seeing people surprise me.

So wouldn't that negate the fact that some heroes are OP? Maybe the general populace just isn't very good, so they want an easy mode

Ryswick

12-05-2010

There's a difference between skill and an over-powered champion.

I'm not 100% sure I understand what you're trying to say, but practicing a champion will make you good at them. I don't think it negates the fact that they might be UP or OP.

I do quite well with Evelynn, and she's one of my favorite champions to play, but I still think she deserves some buffs.

LOLno

12-05-2010

If someone spent months learning and playing the current Urgot, while they might be able to stomp early game, they'd still be weighed down so heavily because of how bad Urgot's scaling is.

Wild Panic

12-05-2010

While practice makes you better...there are definitely other exterior forces that come into play.

Mortox

12-05-2010

I think some players have the ability to learn to do well with most champions, but that doesn't mean there aren't balance issues in the game.

You're going to have balance issues in any competitive game where you have a bunch of choices to make. The only time you'd run into a perfectly balanced game is when every selectable character was just a clone of one another with altered particle effects and then to play on a perfectly symmetrical map. Then it would be entirely play skill (and latency -_-); unfortunately though that style of game is not fun, so designers add variety, and variety leads to imbalance, intentional or not.

There is no doubt that some heroes are more powerful than others. Can a "pro" playing Urgot beat a "noob" playing Corki? For sure, probably almost 100% of the time, but when you put two similarly skilled players together, the imbalances become much more apparent.

Raejack

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortox View Post
I think some players have the ability to learn to do well with most champions, but that doesn't mean there aren't balance issues in the game.

You're going to have balance issues in any competitive game where you have a bunch of choices to make. The only time you'd run into a perfectly balanced game is when every selectable character was just a clone of one another with altered particle effects and then to play on a perfectly symmetrical map. Then it would be entirely play skill (and latency -_-); unfortunately though that style of game is not fun, so designers add variety, and variety leads to imbalance, intentional or not.

There is no doubt that some heroes are more powerful than others. Can a "pro" playing Urgot beat a "noob" playing Corki? For sure, probably almost 100% of the time, but when you put two similarly skilled players together, the imbalances become much more apparent.
Good point, I hadn't thought about two pros.

To the other guy, I think my point is that people shouldn't focus on this because it is a waste of time arguing about it. Just get good with whatever champ you like to play.