Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

So about my Olaf build.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eliza

12-05-2010

straight up.
your build sucks harder than a 9001 W vacuum cleaner.

Wuffly

12-05-2010

Well...

Presumably looking at your runes/summoner spells, you're going lane Olaf. This is your first mistake. Olaf doesn't belong in a lane, he belongs in the jungle. Why? He's one of the fastest junglers, and a decent ganker pre-6 with red buff.

Skilling order: Arguable, but I'd max Q first, then E then W. I guess maxing any is fine, but Q if you're going jungling in future.

So on to items: Your first item (although stated you might not build in sequence), is Warmogs. This is a bad item on Olaf. He doesn't need all that health, he needs health PLUS armor/magic resist. So that makes it pretty simple: Randuins Omen. By far one of the best tanking items in the game. Get it first.

Second item is Berserker's Greaves. These are fine on Olaf.

Third item is Frozen Mallet. This is also a fine item on Olaf, although I would only recommend getting Phage till someone else takes priority over red buff.

Phantom Dancer is an iffy item. I'll be completely honest and say I don't like RNG at all in this game, and this item gives both of them (dodge and critical strike) I'll leave it at that because I've seen plenty of good Olaf's build it, but I'd always build a Starks Fervor or Atmas/Youmuu's instead of it.

Infinity edge: This item honestly is probably the best in the game. But after you've already spent so much on items, it's highly unlikely you're ever going to buy it. Youmuu's Ghostblade is a much cheaper and efficient item on Olaf, as is Atmas Impaler, like you've said as your 6th item.

And finally, for your 6th inventory slot, if it reaches that far into the game, I always recommend Banshees Veil on anyone

Jerrett

12-05-2010

This build might be effective at ~1100 Elo but I don't see it being of any use at competitive levels of play.

TheUndeadFish

12-05-2010

Your items, runes and masteries are terrible. Why the hell would you spend your first 7k on items that barely help your dps at all if you are going down the offense tree. You will have no killing potential at all until you have your mallet with this build. With your skill build and his lane control I'm guessing it will be until the 25 min mark at the minimum that this will be achieved. More likely around the 30-35.

Also why the hell don't you mention pots, you should have a permanent red/green elixer on you at all times after you have your mallet. Its around 3.5k worth of item value for 600. You can have the buff on you for a solid 24 minutes strait before you are actually losing gold for your investment. Chances are you will be able to kill a lot more people and survive a lot longer with your added damage/hp/ias then you would have otherwise.

P dancer is a horrible item on olaf. Olaf doesn't need the wasted dodge stat it comes with at a huge markup in cost. You should be getting a **** SF or YG for ias it adds a hell of a lot more survivabily with the added hp you get from lifesteal and an aura for your team. These items are also a hell of a lot cheaper because you aren't wasting gold on stats you don't need.

What is the point of a "crit build" if you don't actually gain anything special from doing so until you have almost 15k gold worth of items to bring it all together.

Mentioning elixers after you finish your item build is a laugh. How do you convince your opponents let you farm up 17k+ worth of items without them surrendering beforehand? You should try your build a few times in ranked and see how well it does for you. I would be surprised if you could keep your W:L with olaf above 35% going a tank build as your games will be over before you can get anything more then a mallet.

MythcBurst

12-05-2010

Warmog And IE?

I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to disagree.

Condiment

12-05-2010

Your playing a heavy HP loaf, and you don't get Atma's, thats probably one of the biggest flaws.

Lucky Pierre

12-05-2010

I've been building a jungle tanklaf and loving it. start boots and wriggle, HoG then lvl 2 boots of choice, finish randuin and then build whatever else you need. More MR? Banshee or Leviathan for chasing. More dps? Go for a starks? Utility? Mallet. When i pop my ult with all tank gear i am guaranteed to get to a carry, and I will being smashing their face in and forcing them to run away screaming.

PatrickStar

Recruiter

12-05-2010

I'm gonna have to disagree with everything you wrote on the guide OP.

First Draft

12-05-2010

Quote:
The Skilled Noob:
armor PER LEVEL. high HP and high AR/MR is great. Don't need dodge coz I build PD.
No, 23/6/1 is the way to go.
E is great for harrassing. Q takes waaay too much mana
I do run Atma's. DID U READ THE BUILD AT ALL? >:l
No his natural AS is bad, and life steal on Olaf is bad.

Again, look at the build...

Unapologetic fail build.

Unjustified itemization, mastery and rune choices.

Seriously, you might want to actually read others' comments, because this build is definitely not good.

Alexithymia

12-05-2010

imo Lilballz's Olaf is the only way to play Olaf.