So about my Olaf build.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Skilled Noob

12-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayas View Post
use ghost + smite and go jungle....
dont underrate the effect of smite really dont
its meybe the 4th or 3th best summoner skill if you know how to use it...
laning olaf is useless sorry.... you are the fastest jungler and you choose to lane......
Nah, if I jungled with Olaf, I would have to get cloth armor which doesn't really build into anything in my build.

John McCain

12-05-2010

Lol'd at this build.

YummyCheese

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

12-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Skilled Noob View Post
Nah, if I jungled with Olaf, I would have to get cloth armor which doesn't really build into anything in my build.
Wriggles, Madreds, HoG>> Randuins, even GA. All of them are good items on Olaf.

IMLOwl

12-05-2010

Olaf needs tank items and hp. Why? True damage. True damage scales on nothing and his E costs him HP to use, so you need to be tankier to survive and maximize his skills. You don't need the spell pen mastery. A good Olaf knows that people try to focus him when he's low, so he build tanky, gets the most out of vicious strikes when he's low and brings it to the other team.

Frozen Mallet is unneeded because you should have the lizard buff most of the time, at least through mid game. If you want the slow + hp that bad, get a Phage and turn your Giant's Belt into something else. And NO WARMOGS ON OLAF.

FakeOrgans

12-05-2010

Oh god that build.

Oh god you said Bveil and Randuin's isn't good on Olaf. I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to disagree here.

Not only that, You aren't jungling as olaf. You don't need to start with cloth though it's better for Wriggles. Start with Elix of Fort.

Ghost Smite

Randuins Wriggles Bveil are amazing.

Good luck playing this build because I sure don't like it.

CaptainSoda

12-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by YummyCheese View Post
You're not jungling?
On Olaf?
You're starting with a regrowth pendant?

I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to disagree.
I've found that jungling isn't even that great on Olaf. You need a really specific rune/mastery build (from what I've seen) to make it effective, and I haven't been able to find it yet.

IMLOwl

12-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainSoda View Post
I've found that jungling isn't even that great on Olaf. You need a really specific rune/mastery build (from what I've seen) to make it effective, and I haven't been able to find it yet.
Olaf can jungle with a variety of rune and mastery builds.

Armor Pen/AS marks
Armor/Dodge Seals
Any Glyph
HP Quints, although ArP works to some degree

I run either 20/0/10 or some combo of off and def (x/x/10, but I forget exactly what off the top of my head)

On top of that, he can run cloth armor or red elixir + pots or a vamp scepter as his first item and still clear the jungle effectively and he can do the jungle camps in a variety of orders.

The Skilled Noob

12-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by YummyCheese View Post
Wriggles, Madreds, HoG>> Randuins, even GA. All of them are good items on Olaf.
I don't see anything wrong with laning as Olaf.

PureCarnage

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainSoda View Post
Ehhh, not really. Masteries are easy. I do like 1/16 13, or 1/18/11. And for runes, as long as you have armor pen marks and hp quints, your fine. (Thats what i started with, but I have dodge seals now.)

And I have to agree with the people bashing this build. Brolaf is best as an Off tank, kinda like Udyr.

Quote:
I don't see anything wrong with laning as Olaf.
Because he is such a strong jungler.

Teemochu

12-05-2010

Quote:
armor PER LEVEL. high HP and high AR/MR is great. Don't need dodge coz I build PD.
No, 23/6/1 is the way to go.
E is great for harrassing. Q takes waaay too much mana
I do run Atma's. DID U READ THE BUILD AT ALL? >:l
No his natural AS is bad, and life steal on Olaf is bad.

Again, look at the build...
1) dodge still scales into lategame better assuming you itemize armor, PD is trash on Olaf.

2) why is it the way to go? most of the intermediate offensive masteries are trash. especially going past 21. defence is better, regen/cdr is better.

3) if you run no mana regen, yes. e isn't good for harassing because if you are harassing right next to your opponent you are doing it wrong. e is for ripping them down when you are trying to kill them.

4) I read the top of the page. If you are getting Atma's last, you are also doing it wrong.

5) His passive? Duh. Lifesteal is bad on Olaf? Wow. With your passive + starks + wriggles + armor you are incredibly hard to kill while still outputting very high damage courtesy of your e.

Jungling is also pretty easy on Olaf. Pretty sure it is doable without runes as well. He is really fast and can do any route.