[Guide] Kat - The Warmonger

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

flos

12-18-2009

Here's a ling to my guide for Kat on leaguecraft

http://leaguecraft.com/strategies/gu...he%20Warmonger

Comments and suggestions/opinions would be welcome

Cheers!

P.S. Please rank +/- tnx

Grotsnik

12-18-2009

I stopped reading at double Warmogs. Is this supposed to be serious?

flos

12-19-2009

Yes it is. Have you tried it? Kat is squishy as hell and needs to get into the front lines to do smh and this build is intended for solo mid carry -try it out 1st man then come back and tell me that again kk? I know it works because i've tested it.

Grotsnik

12-19-2009

I'm sure it does work. Most games where you're fed to afford 2 Warmogs, anything will work. The point is, this is not realistic in the slightest. This is a smurfing a build.

Are you aware that just Merc Treads and 2x Warmog is 7600 gold? I don't know what pubs you've been stomping but unless the game had some godlike matchmaking, the game is over at 7500 gold.

Now let's assume you're able to get 2x Warmogs in 30 minutes. It might be doable if your Kat is on a killing spree which I find doubtful with no damage. You're at a bloated 4175 HPs. No one will ever hit a 4k HP target in a group fight. This completely defeats the purpose of building tank in the first place. So you're going to have late game suggested items Mundo syndrome where Kat is completely ignored due to her no damage and no CC until nothing is left to kill.

All the discussion over whether the build is good or not is pointless when it's impossible. Get your build completable within 30 minutes with all excessive items marked as luxury.

flos

12-19-2009

Ok. What then would be your 7500gold build? Besides with Greed and Voracity and constant last hits you get 1 warmongs at 15m or so. As for 'nobody wants to hit 4khp target' well trust me when ppl RAGE they act irrational and do focus on you. As for 'no damage' issue well her b. atk is high enough that b.blade hits HARD and shunpo is nice to baisicly what u aim for at mid (and i wrote about this **** in guide) is to wear and annoy the enemy to around half hp then you killerinstincts>shunpo>deathlotus>exhaust and ya got a kill - tnx to the hp boosts they can target you all they want and ya still will get out of this fight ALIVE and they will QQ. I've tried many builds on kat solo lane or not, and trust me getting pure P.Dmg is pointless - youre squishy as hell and die in a manner of seconds if ganked by 2 ppl and if ur ult is on cd then 1 dps rapes ur bum easily. She has only hp, skills are spammable at no cost so why the hell not invest in moar hp? Similar thing is with kassadin, as he also needs to be in the middle of the fight at the frontlines and hes squishy as hell when you build him and you won't get rod of ages at least once - you are gonna die constantly.

Felix Akasaka

12-19-2009

Have you seen Death Lotus without having any damage items? You hardly see their health go down at level 15. For 7500:
Doran's Shield: 435 + Red pot
Mercury Treads: 1200
3 BF swords: 5550
Total: 7215

Then you can buy a warmogs if you have health issues or more BF Swords for damage
Usually Kat doesn't get in team fights until other people have engaged first, so she is spared the brunt of the damage.

Codin

12-19-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix Akasaka View Post
Have you seen Death Lotus without having any damage items? You hardly see their health go down at level 15. For 7500:
Doran's Shield: 435 + Red pot
Mercury Treads: 1200
3 BF swords: 5550
Total: 7215
I use the same build more or less. What yours lacks is a bit of Hp. Kat`s squishy and she ll get focused quite frequently by the opposing team. I buy a Hp Belt after my first BF sword and if the game is quite balanced i also buy a Heart of Gold after the first shield. Gold`s nice if u can t farm right and the extra hp and def are usefull early on.

Reyees

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-19-2009

Tank kat is handsdown a beast but you go too much into HP too early, you're better of building a frozen mallet and blackcleaver first, shunpo to ur target > slow > death lotus /laugh