Didn't take long for people to lose interest in Trundle

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ozzy6009

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyalykit View Post
Look at the new HoN hero... Sends a fish after the enemy until it hits, they can run as far as they want it'll still catch them and hit. If they're MOVING when it hits, they are stunned and damaged. If not then they are only damaged.

See how simple yet interesting that is? See how it promotes tactical thinking? See how no other hero in HoN has that ability? Yea.. Riot get creative or get passed.
No I don't see how it promotes tactical thinking. The only this that I see that it promotes is a mini-game for how little time you can spend stopped to make sure you don't get stunned.

Dyalykit

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-05-2010

HoN has really stepped up it's game.

Their hero production has begun, and HoN 2.0 is on the way.

Want to see the rest of this new heroes abilities? Let's look at them and compare them to the creativity behind the last... 10 LoL champions shall we?

Myrmidon is an Intelligence Ranged Hero.

Weed Field - Shoots out a line of seaweed, after a short delay it bursts, does damage and roots the enemies inside it. (Jakiro's Ice Path from DotA).

Magic Carp - Already outlined this one in the OP.

Wave Form - Surges forward like gragas, damages and slows everything in his path.

Forced Evolution (ult) - Becomes Melee, does magic damage on hit instead of physical. It has other effects too.

Look at the synergy... You must be moving to get out of Weed Field or you get rooted, if you're moving the fish stuns you. That's just one example i noticed from reading this.

Look at the last 10 LoL champions.... sigh.

CQReborn

12-05-2010

I disagree with the part about Trundle being boring, but I do agree with the new mechanics. I think one of the reasons the AoE meta became so prevelant is because Riot ran out of ideas and just started spitting out shiny new AoE ults.

I played the HoN trial the other day and the number of unique abilities was pretty staggering, although I wasn't a fan of certain mechanics that I used to be when I played it during its beta.

I feel like Riot has the potential to make new interesting heroes, as it stands this idea of a new hero every 2 weeks simply isn't cutting it for me, for every unique hero that we get like Trundle we get 2 more like Urgot or Swain.

Its fairly predictable what we are gonna see on any given character once the spotlight is released. Trundle's pillar + area contaminate are really the most unique skills I've seen from a new champion in months.

Another issue is how abilities with unique spins to them tend to be really bad or get called overpowered and get nerfed.

IE -
Urgots skill set
Swain's ult,
Eve's skill set,

Characters that have unique abilities that aren't always a sure-fire thing are also underplayed. Like Blitzcrank, Urgot, Jax, Nasus

efdf

12-05-2010

How to play Myrmidon:

Magic Carp
When about to hit, cast Weed Field
Wave Form forward
Ultimate

Repeat forever.

MythcBurst

12-05-2010

i own trundle, not using him till people stop playing him for i can have all the fun being the only trundle around spamming my wall ;3

Melonyan

12-05-2010

Quote:
HoN has really stepped up it's game.

Their hero production has begun, and HoN 2.0 is on the way.

Want to see the rest of this new heroes abilities? Let's look at them and compare them to the creativity behind the last... 10 LoL champions shall we?

Myrmidon is an Intelligence Ranged Hero.

Weed Field - Shoots out a line of seaweed, after a short delay it bursts, does damage and roots the enemies inside it. (Jakiro's Ice Path from DotA).

Magic Carp - Already outlined this one in the OP.

Wave Form - Surges forward like gragas, damages and slows everything in his path.

Forced Evolution (ult) - Becomes Melee, does magic damage on hit instead of physical. It has other effects too.

Look at the synergy... You must be moving to get out of Weed Field or you get rooted, if you're moving the fish stuns you. That's just one example i noticed from reading this.

Look at the last 10 LoL champions.... sigh.
Except that HoN is dying and LoL is still getting more popular.

Dyalykit

12-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by CQReborn View Post
I disagree with the part about Trundle being boring, but I do agree with the new mechanics. I think one of the reasons the AoE meta became so prevelant is because Riot ran out of ideas and just started spitting out shiny new AoE ults.

I played the HoN trial the other day and the number of unique abilities was pretty staggering, although I wasn't a fan of certain mechanics that I used to be when I played it during its beta.

I feel like Riot has the potential to make new interesting heroes, as it stands this idea of a new hero every 2 weeks simply isn't cutting it for me, for every unique hero that we get like Trundle we get 2 more like Urgot or Swain.

Its fairly predictable what we are gonna see on any given character once the spotlight is released. Trundle's pillar + area contaminate are really the most unique skills I've seen from a new champion in months.

Another issue is how abilities with unique spins to them tend to be really bad or get called overpowered and get nerfed.

IE -
Urgots skill set
Swain's ult,
Eve's skill set,

Characters that have unique abilities that aren't always a sure-fire thing are also underplayed. Like Blitzcrank, Urgot, Jax, Nasus

I don't see anything unique about trundle =/.

He's a chaser based on speed and a slow. Basically singed without the fling. Singed's ult does everything Trundle does but in one ability. Q's damage boost, W's speed boost, R's armour and mr. Goo is pillar (let's face it, the pillar doesn't block anybody, it's just a ranged aoe slow).

It's so...... MEH!

Dyalykit

12-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonyan View Post
HoN isn't dying, get your facts straight before posting, thanks.

In fact they're starting to pump out heroes now and they're overhauling their entire game to be more casual, cash shop etc. WHILE holding on to the competitive scene, we don't even have replays....

S2 got smart.

Riot got comfortable.

Comfortable is bad.

Melonyan

12-05-2010

Quote:
HoN isn't dying, get your facts straight before posting, thanks.

In fact they're starting to pump out heroes now and they're overhauling their entire game to be more casual, cash shop etc. WHILE holding on to the competitive scene, we don't even have replays....

S2 got smart.

Riot got comfortable.

Comfortable is bad.
HoN is continually becoming less popular, while the userbase for LoL is increasing. HoN 2.0 won't save it either.

Havy whopons gai

12-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonyan View Post
You know who else was popular? Hitler.
http://www.nizkor.org/features/falla...opularity.html