Didn't take long for people to lose interest in Trundle

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AeonMax

12-05-2010

I think Riot is being more cautious, ensuring champions are not OP on release (which is a good thing).

As a result, however, community reaction is less than enthusiastic. Most players will stick with what they know rather than put in the time to master a new champion that isn't going to impact their win rate.

I think champion saturation is also a factor. At some point, everybody develops a core set of champions they enjoy playing, and won't stray from it unless something exceptional (in their view) comes along.

eronar

12-05-2010

Where are these HoN fanboys coming from? Recently, there is a serious increase in their numbers.
But really, yeah some champions may not have interesting abilities, thats becuse people dont like such abilites. They like simple ones with big numbers.

Melonyan

12-05-2010

I still see trundle being played, even if it's not in every game. Why should every new champion become the most popular ever? That only happens with broken champs like Sona and post-nerf Xin.

Addfwyn

12-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by eronar View Post
Where are these HoN fanboys coming from? Recently, there is a serious increase in their numbers.
But really, yeah some champions may not have interesting abilities, thats becuse people dont like such abilites. They like simple ones with big numbers.
Maybe lost interest in HoN, since updates for it tend to be pretty slow and far apart.

Pivu

12-05-2010

Trundle is not a one build champ.

You can build him with locket, spirit visage, sheen and atma and just proceed to be indestructable delivering epic damage.

And what the f is with this "there are other champs that do his job better". Which champs? Who can debuff a tank like trundle? Who has a AoE slow like trundle?

Trundle is Unique.

Turbo Moses

12-05-2010

Its because he's support (and not faceroll and op- ala sona). I haven't gotten to play much this week but he's a very strong character. Pillar is amazingly powerful as offensive support, his ult can catch a tank offguard changing the landscape of a fight and is on a considerably short cd. It can also make for pretty absurd diving. His other abilities are good, but E and R are what make him a strong pick. in the game I just played I was ganking so easily, I couldn't believe some of the kills I was getting relatively easily.

Also,I stupidly got caught in my forest while 4 members of their team sprung me at red, and included at least a sona ult and kennen, maybe a sion stun to, and I lived. Not many champs can pull that off, especially with no hp items.

Speaking of item builds, lol at saying LoL has boring builds. LoL has the most versatility that I've seen in mobas, the items available fill many many niches, you can build a champion almost anyway you can think up.

He's not talked about because he's not terribly OP. I think he's a strong and unique champion. But I'm a sucker for offensive support.

Aviseras

12-05-2010

He's not played much because he can't carry a team for jack. He's a utility/support that is only as good as the team behind him.

That said, I've seen some amazing trundle players that know when/where to fight for pillar splits and it's pretty much gg for the enemy.

Dyalykit

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by efdf View Post
While I would be in favor of more interesting abilities, your example is pretty stupid.

Tactical thinking? All it promotes is hitting H when the fish is nearby then going on your way. Tactics is when you have a decision. That is a glorified quick-time event. If you can't see the difference, then I doubt you'd recognize a well-designed champion if Riot released it.
HoN has many juke points, elevation differences, much better fog of war. You turn 1 corner and you're surrounded by fog of war.

This ability sounds simple to avoid but in practice it is not. That means it has many tactical uses by using the map in conjunction with the ability and your targets mentality.

See how this simple ability can spawn such creative practice? It's so subtle you didn't even realise it before you posted.

xOYQyuqpZHcxpDk2

12-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyalykit View Post
Look at the new HoN hero... Sends a fish after the enemy until it hits, they can run as far as they want it'll still catch them and hit. If they're MOVING when it hits, they are stunned and damaged. If not then they are only damaged.
Holy ****, brb buying HoN

Dyalykit

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-05-2010

Don't get me wrong btw.

I do like playing Trundle but it really is the same old ****.

Corki can debuff a tank way better, so can void staff/last whisper.

His slow is his only good ability, and even that is flawed to hell.

He's singed but with CC reduction.... Basically riot thought "man singed sucks, one tiny slow or cc and he's useless... lightbulb!"