Didn't take long for people to lose interest in Trundle

12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dyalykit

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-05-2010

This is a byproduct of releasing a champion every 2 weeks.

2 days after their release no one is talking about them anymore.

Is it because they're boring and the builds in this game are shallow and always the same?

Because the community is spoiled and gets bored with their new toy asap because they know they're getting a new one in 2 weeks anyway?

I don't know any other build for trundle that would come close to being worth using other than the same **** every single game. Q, W, Q, E, Q. Vamp scepter > wriggles/mallet/mercs/atma's or triforce. I found it fun the first few times i did the whole W, E, R, Q SPAM. But since every single game is the same build, items and strategy... It's sad.

These new champions are extremely ****in boring =/. Compare them to the new HoN heroes with actual NEW AND INTERESTING MECHANICS/ABILITIES. Even if they re-use some from DotA. It's better than another slow/on next attack/speed up/cc reduction/healing passive/ranged carry hurrr.

Look at the new HoN hero... Sends a fish after the enemy until it hits, they can run as far as they want it'll still catch them and hit. If they're MOVING when it hits, they are stunned and damaged. If not then they are only damaged.

See how simple yet interesting that is? See how it promotes tactical thinking? See how no other hero in HoN has that ability? Yea.. Riot get creative or get passed.

Dyalykit

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-05-2010

Inb4 "WE DUN WANT ANY 'ANTI-FUN' OR 'BURDEN OF KNOWLEDGE ABILITIES".

Well to that game design philosophy i say a big F-you, what is this? A 5-year old's game?

Are we not allowed to be trusted with these abilities because we might hurt ourselves? Honestly...

efdf

12-05-2010

While I would be in favor of more interesting abilities, your example is pretty stupid.

Tactical thinking? All it promotes is hitting H when the fish is nearby then going on your way. Tactics is when you have a decision. That is a glorified quick-time event. If you can't see the difference, then I doubt you'd recognize a well-designed champion if Riot released it.

got321321

12-05-2010

i prefer op hero.

Corasoli

12-05-2010

trundle's usefulness in the current meta is very limited, there are just to many other characters that fulfill his role and do a better job at it.

But then again most of the new champions that have actually made a solid impact in the game (i.e. Garen, Vladd, Kog, Ezreal, Sona) all had a unique gameplay experience with a very strong abilities.

At the moment all the recent champion releases (Lux, Irelia, Trundle) have no large impact in a team. They lack originality and presence on the summoner's rift, and there feels to be no originality to their gamplay experience.

EDIT: don't ever compare HoN heroes to LoL ones, just don't

Dreamscribe

12-05-2010

Stopped at "look at the new HoN hero" and -1'd.

Don't use HoN to justify what you feel is "superior" gameplay, especially since last I checked HoN is moving to a League of Legends style game because their method isn't working.

WhatsAGrimace

12-05-2010

Whos trundle?

got321321

12-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatsAGrimace View Post
Whos trundle?
it is the friend of hurrgot

Soiyeruda

12-05-2010

Trundle lost popularity mostly because other champions can perform very similar roles better. His damage output feels low, and unless he's fed, his skills will hardly have a lasting impact in a teamfight, unless you ult their tank.

Doesn't really have anything to do with releasing heroes every 2 weeks at all, and the popularity of a champion being played is usually determined by whether people consider them OP or not.

When LeBlanc and Xin Zhao were first released, they were widely considered OP, appearing in several games. Xin Zhao was nerfed the following patch, and is sometimes seen. LeBlanc was hotfixed after 2 days, and is now rarely touched.

Basically, if a champion can't blatantly faceroll everything else, they're not going to see much play, outside of the first few days where everyone wants to play the new champ. Trundle can't really do this well, so as such, he dropped off pretty quickly.

Kuranes

12-05-2010

I played him for hours yesterday, and I intend to start rolling with him again today. He's a lot of fun, and can be very effective tanky debuffer/slower with pretty good damage. Also surprisingly good as a melee laner, once you get the hang of his abilties and how to scare people away from the minion pack.

I've started Wriggle's, and I've started Doran's straight to the Phage...not sure which I like best.

12345 ... 6