Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Good Nunu Build?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EffenSeven

12-05-2010

I decided to give Nunu a shot while owning him for so long but never really using him, just because he was 450 IP, I bought him.

Really an underrated Champion I don't see too often, but he's actually really fun. I've been doing pretty good with him from last couple games I've played with him. So now that I've gotten the hang of him and enjoying him, I'm looking for a good build for him.

Item build mainly. Although rune and mastery builds would be appreciated as well.

noskill5

12-05-2010

0/21/9 masteries, mpen reds, health quints, armor yellows, mr blues.

typically your items should include randuins, banshees veil, boots (99% of the time, mercs). if the game is still continuing, get another CDR item

xShinryuu

12-05-2010

You can either build him tank (Banshee's, situational tank items) or mage (Rod of Ages, mage items).

He's an excellent jungler and ganker but also an excellent laner because of his great harass and staying power. When jungling you might want to get Mejai's then switch into a more tanky build. Actually I don't think you should ever go PURE AP, get a few tank items too.

Cynical Moose

12-05-2010

Banshees veil is unnegotiable

Otherwise go tanky/AP (e.g. RoA) and other tanky items that suit the situation (e.g. thronmail vs. dps)

Leonson

12-05-2010

His ratios are so good you don't need to go pure AP, and you need banshees to have any chance of getting your ult off.

Elementz2

12-05-2010

spell vamp = win

YummyCheese

Recruiter

12-05-2010

Start with cloth armor, 5 health pots, jungle. Route is flexible. For summoner's you probably want flash/smite. He's not bad in lane, but I find he works better in the jungle.

Banshees viel is a must, no matter what build you go. You can build your cloth armor into a HoG, and later make it into a Randuins if you want. If you want AP generally a RoA/Void Staff is a good choice. If you're doing well a Zhonyas is good too. Gaurdians is always a good choice.

Pesse Jerring

12-05-2010

I like to lane with Nunu, he is a pretty sweet laner with him Ice Ball and NUNU BUFF. I love laning with a tough carry (Xin, Trundle, even Taric I had great success). I'll only play Nunu if we have another tank, because I don't believe in main tanking with him.

Nunu sucks at farming so all my gold comes from kill and assist gold so it is important to play aggressive and get assists.

I go 9/21/0, for the Spell Pen. So my ult and Ice Ball will hurt. MPen Reds, Mp5/Lvl Yellows, Flat CDR blues, AP Quints (I should probably be using health but like I said I like my Ice Ball to hurt.) Flash/Clarity. Flash is for getting in a good spot to ult, and clarity helps the lane phase.

I start with a Doran's Ring and rush Catalyst and Boots 1. Then Banshee's Veil. I'd get Merc Treads or Sorc Boots depending on the enemy team. I rarely get Ninja Tabi but I have a few times. After that I work on a Sunfire Cape. This helps Nunu farm and solo push. It also helps rack up the assists in teamfights! After the cape, Abyssal Scepter is a wonderful item. It debuffs their team as well as give you magic resist and will make your ult hurt even more. Guardian Angel is a really good item too.

Mid Game it is important to gank and never solo, always stick with a carry for that NUNU BUFF.

Jarbz

12-05-2010

lol @ your name

Vishibus

12-05-2010

Stack Spell Vamp, Whateverboots, Banshee's