Brolaf skin WAY over priced!?!?!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheUndeadFish

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-05-2010

Skin is stupid looking and annoying when he pops ragnarok. Its like gentleman cho, cool implementation, but every time I hear quiet shouted it pisses me off because its so **** annoying. You knew it was going to be one of the 1800 skins when it was announced. Too think anything less would just be naive. The only exception to this is corporate mundo, he sounds different without being annoying, the only problem with the skin is he is still useless on SR.

Ardor Calamity

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-05-2010

This thread just broke my troll-radar. Now it won't stop beeping.

TacoBellAssassin

12-05-2010

its a legendary skin....

we already have like 4, this isnt new stuff my god

Benalicious

12-05-2010

I was so excited for this skin. As in, I unlocked Olaf JUST BECAUSE this skin was coming out and it looked THAT awesome. Unfortunately I have 1200something riot points. I have enough to unlock basically anything but a legendary skin. ;'-(

I've been depressed for days.

Gaeb

12-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkits View Post
Oh my, this idiot just compared a sports car with a skin.
How is it a bad comparison? I bought my first car for $10K 10 years ago, and am still using it. I could probably afford a low end gini, but the luxury's not worth the cost to me.

On the flipside, $14 for a skin equates to half a dinner or 1/10th of a bar tab if I go out. If I stay in on Friday, buy Brolaf for the laughs, and play LOL after a rough week at work, I'm practically making money! ~snark

cooksta

12-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopzzter View Post
No seriously, everything valve makes is overrated reskins of an overrated game. (HL2)

L4D/L4D2 = Boring party game, zombies aren't even scary. Being zerged is a minor inconvenience, not a death sentence.

TF2 = The casual game to end all casual games, only one precision weapon in the game and only one class can use it. Rest of the game is shotgun spam or people wildly running circles around each other swinging bats.

Portal = Too short, too easy, and GLADOS wasn't even sort of funny.
Have to agree with L4D, interesting concept but the general kind of gameplay gets a little dull after a while. Got old very quick, but good fun while it lasted.

Portal was meant to be short, it's one of Valve's many experiments into actually developing a game. The basic formula is; pick up struggling developer with an excellent game, give them the resources they need or use their IP to make a well polished free and generally fun game.

See how people react, build extraordinary brand loyalty, AND at the same time effectively market Steam to the user, and pick up even more sales from that user.

Valve's reasoning aside, Portal was probably the most fun, entertaining free game I think I've ever played. Yahtzee summed it up really well (Zero Punctuation), that is, it's short sweet and to the point.

Think you're probably the first person I've ever heard not like the humour, but different strokes for different boats.

Also, TF2 is similar to how WoW used to operate, in the sense of the userbase. Anyone can pick up the game, have fun and then drop it an hour later. Then you have the more hardcore user base, which play a lot of it, and it has enough depth and balance that they can play it as such.

Anyways, having played almost every single FPS to date, TF2 is the most interesting, unique and well balanced FPS I think I've ever played. Sure, CS/CoD/Generic War FPS, are great if you want a game that relies more on reflex, intuition and wits, but TF2 gives you plenty of options for whatever type of game you want, and then some.

Everything aside, I spent $80 on the Orange Box, and I was given at least 300+ hours of entertainment (mainly from TF2).

Compare that with the CoD series, fromCoD4 onwards, I've spent almost $320 and have gotten about the same amount of entertainment (i.e. 300+ hours).

I'd stick with CoD4, but unfortunately once World at War came out, and especially MW2 came out, I've more or less been forced to essentially upgrade to continue playing online.

Even worse now with Black Ops.

Point is, Valve represents real value for money.

PurpleKami

12-05-2010

You need to realize that this is the only way Riot makes their money, and also, it's optional, it doesn't provide ANY advantages whatsoever, so don't complain about it.