Morgana a Good Choice?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Theymin

12-05-2010

Hi, so im kind of new to the game here, and i was wondering if morgana would be a good choice for a champion to snare and do good damage aswell.

im looking for a champion that is good with snares and does good damage, and i really dont know if morgana is good in both or just good with snares and bad in damage or the other way around.

if any1 that played her b4 or some1 who knows a thing or two about her, leave a comment, thx, and sry if this is my wrong forum spot to post it on.

Fluffy1

12-05-2010

snare yes, damage no.

shes mostly taken for her support move black shield, shrewd use can win teamfights, but her damage isnt good nor reliable

Cenerae

12-05-2010

Morgana -can- do high amounts of damage if you build her for AP, but generally speaking you want to build her somewhat tanky. Her ultimate is short ranged and you have to chase after your victims for a few seconds to ensure the second portion triggers. This isn't often good for your health, being squishy and up close. Therefore, many Morganas tend to go for items like a GA and z-ring (for the 2 second invincibility) for survivability before anything else.

Intelligent use of her snare, black shield and ultimate wins games.

Witch Bernkastel

12-05-2010

Morgana has, to my knowledge, the best snare in the game, or at the very least the best single-target snare, and Black Shield is widely recognized as the best spell shield in the game. Tormented Soil lets her farm easily, and Soul Shackles is horrifyingly good in team fights if you can survive long enough to land the full duration on at least 2 people.

As a Morgana main, I definitely recommend her. She's an incredible addition to any team once you learn how to get good with her snare and shield. Her damage output can be mediocre, but it's still overwhelmingly high as far as Support champions are concerned, in my humble opinion. Especially if you build for AP.

Protip: Get Zhonya's Ring. It makes Soul Shackles ridiculous good.

HebrewHammer7

12-05-2010

I always build morgana for AP. The only health items i will have in my build for her will be dorans ring to start out (+120 i think) and Rod of Ages and thats plenty of health. build a rylais crystal ceptor if you want more. You wont be able to necessarily tank for your team but you will have enough life for most situations. with your snare and blackshield you will be able to save your teammates lives and your own easily (except from yi because of his ult and physical dmg)

And morgana can put out good amounts of damage with an AP build. just snare => soil => DFG (i build this sometimes if the other team has higher health champs) => and ult. You wont be able to "carry" but often times i put out the most damage on my team.

Since your a new player you will just be playing normal not-ranked games which is where i play morgana like this and do very well.

Witch Bernkastel

12-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by HebrewHammer7 View Post
I always build morgana for AP. The only health items i will have in my build for her will be dorans ring to start out (+120 i think) and Rod of Ages and thats plenty of health. build a rylais crystal ceptor if you want more. You wont be able to necessarily tank for your team but you will have enough life for most situations. with your snare and blackshield you will be able to save your teammates lives and your own easily (except from yi because of his ult and physical dmg)

And morgana can put out good amounts of damage with an AP build. just snare => soil => DFG (i build this sometimes if the other team has higher health champs) => and ult. You wont be able to "carry" but often times i put out the most damage on my team.

Since your a new player you will just be playing normal not-ranked games which is where i play morgana like this and do very well.
Not to mention, you won't get to play Morgana in ranked games. For some reason, she's one of the top choices to get banned. XD

Also yes, Deathfire Grasp is godly on her and allows a bit more versatility in what you can do. Also, it's always nice to have more 'abilities'. I go for an AP build usually as well, and top item picks for me include Zhonya's Ring, Deathfire Grasp, and Will of the Ancients. Not in that order.

Shizzukani

04-21-2011

Morgana is the best. Have Zhonya's ring, Abyssal Scepter, Void Staff, Sorceror's Shoes, Frozen heart and a Needlessly Large Rod and K.O

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-21-2011

Wow thanks for bumping this 6 month old thread to offer up outdated advice.

HHilt

04-21-2011

Are you supposed to use morganas black sheild like sivirs spell sheild

xxsinged420xx69

04-21-2011

morgana is actually a mage carry support offtank lol...she's kinda ridiculous.