Release Notes 08/07

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Teirdome

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-07-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by L0CUST View Post
Sion really needs the buff... how fast is Judicator? noticed he wasn't listed either =(
I'd still rather see them make Sion's shield useful than just buff the movement speed.

@Adonis - It's a fair point and I usually play him as a hardened MDPS. The synergy with Atma's Impaler is too good to pass up.

Adonis

Emissary of the League

08-07-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by L0CUST View Post
Sion really needs the buff... how fast is Judicator? noticed he wasn't listed either =(
Both judicator and yeti have speed buffs as abilities, so it's not as important for them.

Sion needs 1) the same speed buff the others got, 2) needs boost to be fixed so that it doesnt block 2 of his stuns, and 3) needs pathing to be fixed so it doesnt take him 2-3 seconds longer to find his way around minions than it should.

The Magic Sausage

08-07-2009

I am happy CM got that nerf bat. Hopefully it is enough to keep the ability useful but not OP.

Bianary

08-07-2009

I see a lot of bandaid fixes here (AFK timer simply increased, Boost duration/cd tweaked but nothing else, random tweakes to champions that don't really address issues they had (Ryze? Sivir? Where's Morgana and her shield of absorbs all cc?), little things like that) -- can we get some word on whether these are still considered issues and this is just stopgap or if we should give up on things getting properly fixed before release?

Jozrael

QA Analyst

Follow Jozrael on Twitter

08-07-2009
2 of 5 Riot Posts

Agreed. All bandaids. The issue with CM wasn't that he was OP (seriously, I don't think he was), just that he wasn't FUN to play against. Laning against CM turns the game into...dodgeball. Seriously. It's lame having one skill so totally transform the game. (Not like, the metagame "Oh, he has a stun up, so I should act THIS way", but the GAME, as in "Instead of worrying about last hitting creeps, I gotta be looking for cards every X seconds").

FreshLikeThresh

08-07-2009

wooooooot
thank god
the CM nerf!
there is a god

ninjowned

08-07-2009

All you needed to fight against CM was some magic resistance. I thought they'd also fix/change pick a card -- I can never get my cards to hold right.

Like the Veigar buff can't wait to try him out. Disappointed in the rune grab bag changes. Someone said it before I did, just making it harder to test runes.

Items look neat, speed buffs look good, melee dps looks hawt. We'll see how it goes this weekend :]

Oh and new champ looks fun.

Tryndamere

President / Co-Founder

Follow MarcMerrill on Twitter

08-07-2009
3 of 5 Riot Posts

This method of getting runes is temporary and will be replaced in the relatively short term anyway - once the new system is in, we'll want you guys to go all out testing them

Testing them in the short term is helpful for bug fixes, etc - but since the usability functionality is temporary, we'll REALLY be curious what you guys think when the new system is in.

BL4zD

08-07-2009

If you're so curious, I can tell you now what I think of the new system...it has to be better than the craptastic way we currently have to manage runes

Krom

08-07-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bianary View Post
I see a lot of bandaid fixes here (AFK timer simply increased, Boost duration/cd tweaked but nothing else, random tweakes to champions that don't really address issues they had (Ryze? Sivir? Where's Morgana and her shield of absorbs all cc?), little things like that) -- can we get some word on whether these are still considered issues and this is just stopgap or if we should give up on things getting properly fixed before release?
First time being in a Beta eh?

Anyway, 3 cheers for movement speed buffs for the melee and toning down Wild Cards and Ryze's damage.

Can't wait to try out the new guy.

Any hints on when we can expect to see the Spider Lady and her Mushroom Umbrella of DOOM?