Nidalee's Heal

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yenn

12-18-2009

I was recently in a game as Veigar. It was late game (i.e. I'm rocking 700 AP) and I hit Nidalee with a Meteor + Baleful, which dropped her to roughly 15%. She then used her heal and was back to 100%. After taking nearly 2000 damage. Is this a bug or intended?

whomaster

12-18-2009

nidalee is overpowered as intended

Xocolatl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-18-2009

Are you sure she didn't mash Heal (the summoner spell) along with it? Do they have Soraka on the team, because that biatch will heal her from half away across the map for massive amount?

ps. Her new portrait hurts my eyes.

whomaster

12-18-2009

I have seen it to. Nidalee's heal is the most broke heal in the game, its cooldown is next to nothing, and it scles with ap ******edly. OP heal is OP

Xocolatl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-18-2009

What's the number on that? Leaguecraft claims 255 heal (no scaling data) on 10 seconds CD. That's kind of a mid tier heal. It's lower than Soraka (300hp, 9 sec CD) or Taric (300HP, 16sec-1per attack), while Kayle has 200 on 15sec, and Alistair is 150 (12 seconds CD, -4 per nearby enemy death, and has very low mana cost).

And don't get me started on the shields, which for all intents and purposes works like a heal. I think those scales even better than most heals.

Nidalee's throughput is higher only than Kayle (who is a semi tank and has total immunity). Nidalee's 60% attack speed buff is the real killer though. It will take away a lot from her offensive abilities though, so I don't think we'll see it too much (plus she has **** for mana, so feel free to burn it on shifting).
But then the additional effects are really hard to measure. 60% atk speed doesn't help if you can't reach the enemy, so 20% runspeed (Kayle) is better. But Soraka's 35armor actually extends your EHP by 35%, so that's really **** good. Janna's shield gives a flat 40-ish dmg--that's a big increase for everyone, and arguably preferable for carries who have maxed attack speed to begin with. Morgana can negate any debuff, which is also godly. So I don't think we should go there just yet.

The only way she could've healed for as much as you claimed is that she was packing a **** ton of MR, and actually has really low HP to begin with.

Canis

12-18-2009

Scaling data is 0.8/AP. Her heal is NOT overpowered. Taric has a bigger heal, every melee hit not only gives him back 7.5% max mana, it reduces the cooldown by whatever amount of seconds. Also other champion's scaling is higher. Most Nidalee's don't stack a whole lot of AP at the moment as overall scaling for AP isn't that high (most abilities are +0.4/AP but testing is being done)

whomaster

12-18-2009

Minus that her cd on heal can be at like 5 second cooldown, with 700 ap, thats about 1000 healing per 5 seconds. Not including if they have AP runes.

JayceJa

12-18-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomaster View Post
Minus that her cd on heal can be at like 5 second cooldown, with 700 ap, thats about 1000 healing per 5 seconds. Not including if they have AP runes.
if she has 700 ap and 40% cooldown reduction, yi has enough damage to 3 shot her in about a second

not to mention she has **** all damage output as AP build in human form, and in cat form she cannot heal

Canis

12-18-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomaster View Post
Um, if you have her heal down to 5 seconds I wanna see the build AND have 700 AP.

Her BASE cooldown is 10 seconds. Dropping it by 50% okay that would be interesting, not ONLY that stacking that much AP? Not too easy, I am calling shinanigans.

Xocolatl

12-18-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canis View Post
Um, if you have her heal down to 5 seconds I wanna see the build AND have 700 AP.

Her BASE cooldown is 10 seconds. Dropping it by 50% okay that would be interesting, not ONLY that stacking that much AP? Not too easy, I am calling shinanigans.
Here here.

At any rate, her healing does have the potential to become OP, at the cost of a lot of other things. It'd be interesting to see someone play her as a healer/caster. I can't see it being a terribly effective build though, as she as to give up so much for it.