FPS Bug

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rageweaver

12-18-2009

Why the hell is my FPS suddenly fluctuating between 90 and 20 after the patch?

KingsRight

12-18-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rageweaver View Post
Why the hell is my FPS suddenly fluctuating between 90 and 20 after the patch?
me too. i use to be a steady 60 fps no matter what with medium settings and low shadows.. which is the defaults it set me up as. but after this patch it is not 60 all the time any more. it's 60 some of the time and has rapid drops here and there.

must be some new graphic effects? or is it a bug?

if it's just graphic effects i can turn em down more if i have to, but thought i should say something in case it was a bug.

I do know they toyed with some settings that is suppose to help smooth out lag, but i find the game moves more jittery now than it ever has.

whether that jittery-ness is from netcode or graphics improvements.. i dont know. I do know i see similiar jitteryness when i tried sampling higher level video settings a few patches ago, just to see.

Docility

12-18-2009

same i cant even play because of it. i notice it does it a LOT around the corners on the end of lanes, and over undiscovered areas. needs a fix bad. in general my lat lag is up and random d/cs to pvp.net

KingsRight

12-18-2009

hm, it just occurred to me. maybe it has something to do with the extra doodads on the map for the holidays? wreathes, packages, ribbons and such. i think that could explain an fps drop cuz there is mroe gargpage on screen.

PhailRaptor

Adjudicator

12-18-2009

Other people have posted that it happens on Summer terrain, as well as on the Twisted Treeline. It has nothing to do with the Snowdown Showdown map.

IwillDestwoyU

12-18-2009

I have an Nividia gtx295 . I frame rates were maxed out ALWAYS. Now it dips to 40 every friggen 5 seconds! What gives!!???????