Ganking as a jungler

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stonewall008

12-04-2010

Alright - more stonewall topics

Yes Flash/ghost ruin your day when you try to gank but there are three types of successful ganks.

Stonewall...how can that be? If you don't kill them then what do you achieve?

Well imaginary person - first i must tell you about the types of successful ganks

1. You murder a lane. That's self explanatory.

2. You force the enemy to go home. This gives your allies a moment to breathe and push a lane and attack a tower. This also gives them time to go home if they're desperate for it. Probably a good idea to help them push too.

3. You didn't hurt the enemy or force them home but they've popped their summoner spells. This was taught to me by Dan Dinh and it makes so much sense after he explained it. If the enemy blows their summoner spells - your allied laners will be able to **** all over them now (deny, harass, whatever - they are forced to play safely) especially if they didn't use their own spells - if you know you can't get a kill but want to pop their spells, tell your allies you're planning on this so they don't waste their own.

Now who are the best jungle gankers? (only counting top 5)

Shaco
Rammus
Evelynn
Xin Zhao
Nunu/Udyr (very debateable - Nunu has a ranged slow but Udyr has a spammable ***** slap - both have a speed boost)

Honorable Mentions (in no order)
Gragas
Twitch
Pantheon
Shen

What makes a good jungle ganker good? That they don't rely on summoner spells to gank. They have other tools that give them the edge over other champions. Also - they can try again and again.

Just knowing that the enemy jungler can pop out of nowhere FORCES the enemy to play safer especially if they already used their spells to avoid being ganked once. I love it when i fail a gank and just go sit in the bush knowing the enemy is going to assume I left.

EDIT - Purpose of this? Much like i learned the hard way from a Regi/Dinh game - don't sit with your thumbs up your ass as a jungler. Try to gank even if you know you can't get the kill. Fear also wins games. Hopefully this encourages more active junglers but hopefully it doesn't encourage dumb decisions.

Holy Malevolence

12-04-2010

Curse my favored one's ganking tool being an ultimate.

┼zuma

12-04-2010

What about Brolaf and Akali?

Holy Malevolence

12-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ┼zuma View Post
Don't dodge my axe, bro!
And, hello. I'm useless before level six.

Stonewall008

12-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ┼zuma View Post
If you think about it - they're pretty weak ass gankers. Akali gets better at level 6 but before then - she's really bad.

They often can't achieve gank version 1 but they can both achieve gank 3 (most junglers can) by simply walking from behind the enemy or something like that (olaf moreso if he lands his axe).

First Draft

12-04-2010

I especially enjoy playing or having a competent jungle Shaco on my team that can get red and jungle successfully early game.

He rolls his teammates pretty darn well, and I find him to be an efficient champion.

He is in need of buffs though; he scales terribly. While he may have been OP before, with all these new champions being picked and released, he needs something to keep him strong beyond the lane phase, besides just good escape mechanisms.

Good post as usual Stonewall.

Probingducky

12-04-2010

Brolaf is a pretty horrible ganker. He only has a slowmoving skillshot to close the gap and it is very easily dodgeable. Best thing he does though is Stonewalls point 2 or 3. Scare the enemy or hurt them greatly.

Shapechanger

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2010

Fiddlesticks and Warwick take the cake once they hit six, I'd say, though.

nachoman34000

12-04-2010

What about Warwick?

got beat to it

Holy Malevolence

12-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachoman34000 View Post
What about Warwick?

got beat to it
He's like Akali.
Or... Akali's like Warwick. Ultimate syndrome.