[POWERFUL MAGE SUGGESTION] Spoody, The Shy Spirit Tamer

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Play

12-18-2009

- - - - -

Spoody, The Shy Spirit Tamer

- - - - -

Appearance: Looks like a close relative of Teemo, with much darker, almost black fur and round white eyes, who struggles to carry a giant glass jar around in his arms.

http://imgur.com/RCp0v.png
very basic sketch up, work in progress

Concept: This champion is a manipulator of the spirits of minions. His skills revolve around trapping their spirits in his giant glass jar, and using them to do his bidding. His magical powers are remarkable, but in order for him to reach his full potential in damage he must sacrifice movespeed, which in combination with his low armor and hp make him incredibly squishy. If he is allowed to farm up, however, he can become an unstoppable force.

Lore: (in the works)

- - - - -

Code:
Stat Specifics (Placeholders)
Health: 360 (+69 / per level)
Mana: 340 (+52 / per level)
Move Speed: 330 (reduced by his passive)
Armor: 10 (+2.9 / per level)
Magic Resist: 39 (+4 / per level)
Critical Strike: 2.1 (+0.29 / per level)
Health Regen: .95 (+0.15 / per level)
Mana Regen: .95 (+0.1 / per level)
Range: 650 (Long Range)

Attributes: Support, Ranged, Pusher, Vision, Pet, Mage, Slow

Things to note before reading the skills:
- Spoody is a very, very potent mage who can dish out remarkable amounts of damage
- However, in order to do so Spoody must gather the souls of many enemy minions, 
which lowers his movespeed substantially. For the majority of the time, Spoody will be the
slowest champion in the game, despite having the fastest base movespeed in the game.
- Spoody is also one of the squishiest champions in the game
- Spoody is capable of creating very interesting traps, which can result in enormous damage
combos
- - - - -

Skills and Abilities:

- - - - -

Passive: Spirit Jar:
Every time Spoody kills a minion, he captures their soul in his giant glass jar.
Spoody may carry up to 6/8/10 spirits at a time (second and third increase take place when their respective ultimate level is upgraded). Each spirit he captures weighs him down, however, slowing his movespeed by 8 per spirit. Upon death, all collected spirits are lost.

Q: Burial:
Quote:
Spoody lays one of his collected spirits in a stealthed grave. Graves have a very limited vision range (approximately that of Teemo's mushrooms), but reveal all enemy units (even stealthed ones) and silence all enemies who walk upon them for a short period of time. Graves are not destroyed when walked upon like Teemo's mushrooms, instead they are destroyed after a period of time. You may not lay two graves on top of eachother.

Cost: 90 mana
Cooldown: 15 seconds
Duration of the graves: 80/90/100/110/120 seconds
Duration of reveal and silence: 4/5/6/7/8 seconds

W: Spirit Recall:
Quote:
Spoody cries out to all of his buried spirits for them to return to his jar. While this skill is being used, Spoody must be anchored in place, and all graves around the map transform into ghostly spirits the size of a minion which has a movespeed of 1000 and can pass through units. The spirits will then run from wherever their location is to Spoody, using pathfinding similar to that of a minion. All enemies the spirit pass through on its trip back to Spoody take damage and are chilled to the bone, slowing their movespeed. Placing graves in chains can result in massive combos with Spirit Recall. If Spoody moves or is interrupted before the spirits have a chance to return to him, the Spirits disappear. In addition, if Spoody's jar is too full to carry the recalled spirit, it disappears upon returning to Spoody.

Cost: 50/60/70/80/90 mana
Cooldown: 30 seconds
Magic damage caused by spirit passing through a target: 75/85/95/105/115 (.75 AP ratio)
Slow caused by spirit passing through a target: 8%/9%/10%/11%/12% for 3/3.5/4/4.5/5 seconds
Enemies may obtain up to 6 charges of slow
This slow has the same chill effect as Nunu's snowball and Ashe's frost arrow

E: Uncap:

Quote:
Spoody opens the seal on his giant glass jar, releasing the souls he has captured. The souls will hover around Spoody in all directions, targeting and attacking enemies at random, although they are inclined to attack enemies nearer to them. As a result, this attack deals more concentrated damage against isolated enemies.

Spirits hover around Spoody with a movespeed of 400. They can pass through units but cannot pass through terrain. They attack only once every 1.5 seconds. They cannot move more than 600 units away from Spoody. If they kill an enemy in the duration of the skill, their soul will return to Spoody's jar as well as that of their target. If not, their soul is freed from Spoody.

Cost: 80/100/120/140/160 mana
Cooldown: 30/27/24/21/18 seconds
Spirit magical attack damage: 30/35/40/45/50 (.15 AP ratio)
Duration: 4/4.5/5/5.5/6 seconds

R: Shattering Finale:

Quote:
In desperation, Spoody instantly recalls call Spirits around the map, whether they are in graves or flying around as spirits from the skill Uncap, and then Spoody shatters his giant glass jar, rapidly sending a massive wave of spirits from Spoody in all directions (within an AoE range similar to Nunu's Absolute Zero). The wave deals massive damage to all enemies it passes through. This skill destroys Spoody's jar, which renders him unable to use his skills, until the cooldown is up.

Cost: 300/400/500 mana
Cooldown: 100 seconds
Magical damage dealt per spirit gathered in the wave: 100/110/120 (.35 AP ratio)

Note: Although the cooldown of his ultimate seems low, in reality having to recollect all his spirits after the 100 seconds is up will effectively raise the cooldown to something substantially higher. Keep in mind that he is practically useless in those 100 seconds. Using his ultimate is a big decision, and should only be reserved for the most appropriate situations.
- - - - -

Post Notes:

- Spoody is a champion all about dishing massive amounts of magical damage

- His skills grant the player many strategic options, such as the ability to set devastating traps using chains of graves and spirit recall

- Farming Spoody up after being killed is time consuming and difficult as he has no farming abilities beyond the ones that already require spirits to begin with, but after obtaining 3-4 spirits, using Uncap will be able to effectively keep your jar full.

- Spoodys ultimate can potentially be the most powerful AoE spell in the game, but requires a full jar to deal maximum damage, destroys your jar releasing all captured spirits, and renders you completely useless for 100 seconds. As a result, this ultimate should only be saved for important team battles.

- Walking around with a full jar gives you a natural movespeed of 250, making you laughably slow. In return, your Uncap skill and your ultimate are massively buffed, to a point where your ridiculous move speed should not be much of an issue.

If you have any comments or suggestion, please feel free to leave them as I know this champion could use a lot of work! Thank you for taking the time to read the suggestion!

Play

12-18-2009

Reserved for future updates

also

- - - - -
Update Log
- - - - -
- Added a very basic concept sketch
- Altered his ultimate to initially damage all minions in the AoE, then release the massive damage wave

TranceF0rm

Friend of Urf

12-18-2009

I would totally this character for 3150

Tho i would enjoy him to look more tough.

i say he needs this

-Eye patch

-mohawk

-mid evil flail (for looks)

-AND WHEN HE WALKS HE TRAILS BACON!

or just less like a lil kitty

P.S u should draw me a a pic or spoody with the things i asked

IF ANY MAKERS OF LoL READ THIS I CAST MY VOTE ON MAKING THIS CHARACTER REAL!!!

Play

12-18-2009

Haha thanks tranceform, I agree he does need a bit more decoration, once I finish his lore I'll give him a more elaborate costume. He does look a bit puny as well, but I was trying to give him a "shy" look. He definitely could be a bit more badass though and I'll try to make a new sketch mock up.

I'm trying to work out many different scenarios in my head which would likely happen while playing Spoody, and will be adding examples shortly. Currently I am trying to decide which combos would be most effective while in the laning stage with Spoody.

Play

12-19-2009

bumping before i go to bed in hopes of getting some constructive criticism

GroM6

12-19-2009

tl;dr

Do you think Riot will actually add any of these user suggestions? If they ever were to do something like this I am certain they would announce a contest prior to doing so.

Play

12-19-2009

It's more of a hobby than actually suggesting champions to Riot themselves, each time you make a suggestion you learn from your previous one and study others and try to create a better and better champion each time. There's always a little bit of hope that someone from Riot might come across your suggestion and have some of the ideas stick, though.

Yomindi

12-19-2009

Grave silence is a bit ridiculous. Ive never seen a silence be that ridiculously overpowered. What? 9 seconds? Basically an entire rotation from Ryze, just gone.

My suggestions:

Reduct graveyard silence, by alot, add another unique, interesting effect. (Reducted magic damage dealt, etc.)

Ultimate is mediocre compared to Nunu's. Perhaps you could make this hero more then just Veigar #2 without a stun.

His ultimate shouldnt cost him a minute and 2/3's of being absolutely useless. If anything, 20 seconds after casting the ultimate, Fail or Pass, he cannot use any spells for 15-20 seconds. No hero should be rendered useless because of themselves.

Nunus can slow while its channeling, slows after channeling, does part damage if interupted.

Spoody's ultimate has nothing on Nunu's, its another 100 damage for everything else Nunu gets. With that fact that Spoody has to farm spirits to use his ultimate too.

Small fix for Uncap, change attack speed to 2 attacks per 1 second (multiple damage by 1/3 for this fix), for time scaling. (4 seconds with a 1.5 attack rate is 1 second of uselessness)

I like the recall idea from the graves for damage, but its really bad damage for something you have to plan quite alot to accomplish. If these spirits were large, and didnt pass through terrain you could plan a good laning strat. (Also vast increase to the radius spirits can walk through, like the size of a turret)