How do you solo mid Vieger against Vlad ?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rhukk

12-06-2010

Thanks for the responses - i hit this again and did better 1v1 in top (both teams had jungler), but still not great.

Still struggling - pool enables him to flow thru stun/cage - so you have to hit him with it when not in pool form. Hes still able to harass - based on pushing ability on vlad he takes me back into the turret with his creeps and pokes.

Im also noticing when he pokes with transfusion the creeps arnt switching to him, maybe im too far back.

Once I got locket - harass becomes ineffective and life is good - guess more practise pre-locket in last hitting and dodging harass is needed.

KADAMA

12-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peppersson View Post
Try and focus on farming, don't trade harrassment, use your stun (as it's the only one that works on his pool).
exactly what i was gonna type,

IthsMaze

12-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blodwytch View Post

Im also noticing when he pokes with transfusion the creeps arnt switching to him, maybe im too far back.
spells don't cause aggro.

Shamanb

12-06-2010

1- Primordial : keep ur mana, learn to last hit.
2- When he comes to poke you, stun + q, then back before he can attack you.

After a couple time, he might stop.

anyway, the most important thing is : Do NOT try to kill him alone... you simply can't, unless he's a brainless monkey, in which case you need no help vs him.

Eliras

12-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eppa View Post
I not a veigar player but when I have ever met him mid the last ~200 games he has always been crushed by pressure mid.

I recommend not taking mid with him unless it is a very very easy mid like teemo or twisted fate.
wat

Veigar is the best mid ever.

SoullessFire

12-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by IthsMaze View Post
spells don't cause aggro.
Um.. Causing damage to an enemy champion in any way causes aggro...

To the TS: Vlad's pretty tough to lane against. What I normally do is stay in turret range and play defensively, last hitting with Baleful Strike at every chance I get until I get my Tear and Boots 2. After that, I start using Dark Matter to harass more often. You'll be around level 6-7 at this point.

You REALLY want to make sure you're out of Vlad's Transfusion range at all times, or he's going to really destroy you. I can't stress how high a priority this will be for you. With any luck, you'll probably get decently farmed and be able to put out decent gank attempts on the side lanes.

USS BUTTPEE

12-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliras View Post
wat

Veigar is the best mid ever.
You basically have to be a COMPLETE pansy. Until you get farmed up.

Then, GADOOSH

Radamanthys3

12-06-2010

notice that enemies will glow yellow when they try to harrass you, because you're out of their range and they have to focus you. This is assuming you're behind your caster creeps like a decent ranged character would do.

this will take careful practice of your stun, but if you do manage to do this, you will have become a top viegar player, basically if you see Vlad coming stun him with your event horizon, during this time you Q and auto attack once, then you run back, and go back to last hitting.

Do this every time he tries to do his sneaky little hit and run with Transfusion, it will discourage him greatly

bobarabara

12-06-2010

already been said but i generally get teleport when soloing and get an early catalyst->locket
but if im laning ill get a tear

ForeverLaxx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blodwytch View Post
Thanks for the responses - i hit this again and did better 1v1 in top (both teams had jungler), but still not great.

Still struggling - pool enables him to flow thru stun/cage - so you have to hit him with it when not in pool form. Hes still able to harass - based on pushing ability on vlad he takes me back into the turret with his creeps and pokes.

Once I got locket - harass becomes ineffective and life is good - guess more practise pre-locket in last hitting and dodging harass is needed.
I play Vlad, and I can tell you that if I try to cross the barrier while I'm pooled, I still get stunned. It's less impactful when that happens because I'm still untargetable, but I definitely get stunned.

When you lane against Vlad you have to realize how ineffective his early harass is. Transfusion is on a long cooldown and every time he comes in to hit you with it is dangerous for him if his opponent knows this. However, you're playing Veigar, and his pre-locket style is defensive and not conducive to punishing early Transfusion harassment with auto-attacks/spell casts of your own.

You have to decide if you want to punish him for harassing you, possibly lowering your own AP farm in the process, or play your usual defensive game. In either case, neither one of you should kill each other until around level 7-9 though, so I'd just go with the safer bet and play defensively. Focus on farming, last-hitting for your AP with Baleful's, and avoiding as much Transfusion pokes as possible. Once you get a Locket you can turn around and immediately dominate as long as you're aware of what spells he has on cooldown and potential MIAs.