How do you solo mid Vieger against Vlad ?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rhukk

12-04-2010

I just got seriously hammered flat - he's just too slippy.

I think the only option would be to call for a lane change - or get early gank(s) from jungler.

Enemy Minion

12-04-2010

Try and focus on farming, don't trade harrassment, use your stun (as it's the only one that works on his pool).

CopyPasteMezzYou

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-04-2010

Dont be afraid to hug your turret. Farm, no need to expose yourself without turret protection.

cheshirebat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2010

Basically what's been said. you have better attack range. Play cautious. Oh, and get locket. Just farm, and at 11 get your locket. You can then outlane him, as you have about as good healing but better damage output.

Smellis

12-04-2010

I've actually had a pretty good time laning against vlad as veigar. Neither one of you has the power to flat out kill each other until later lvls so as long as you're not letting him poke you and get away every time you should be even until lvl 9.

I typically run veigar with strength of spirit or get an innervating locket on him, just gives him so much staying power and lets him farm up his AP longer than other conventional builds.

Basically, don't harass him and avoid his damage until you get to that golden area where you are last hitting with Q regularly but its not killing your mana and you're staying at about half. This is typically around lvl 8-10 for veigar depending on your runes/build. If hes getting too close before that you can generally toss a Q at him to keep him at bay, very few vlads will be brave enough to rush down a veigar due to his stun. His pool cannot dodge his stun either so if you see a kill chance go for it knowing he wont be able to get away from you if you time your stun right.

If you've farmed up successfully and are trading blows, your damage will out do his every time and you have the added benefit of a strong CC + even strong nuke since vlad is an ap carry. You just gotta play caution and get farmed up, which is pretty much how you should play veigar every game.

Arantyr

12-04-2010

Vlad follow the new heros design... stay in the lane forever, with mad healing skills and your low risk high reward style.

Dont trade blows, keep the focus in creep kills.

Eppa

12-04-2010

I not a veigar player but when I have ever met him mid the last ~200 games he has always been crushed by pressure mid.

I recommend not taking mid with him unless it is a very very easy mid like teemo or twisted fate.

Nague

12-04-2010

every time he tries to transfusion you, try to look as insane as you can and nuke him hard.
If you see im use his pool against that regulary, tell your jungle to gank him next time he does that.

i dont play veigar, but leblanc and vlads try to transfusion me exactly once most of the time.

Lokan

12-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eppa View Post
I not a veigar player but when I have ever met him mid the last ~200 games he has always been crushed by pressure mid.

I recommend not taking mid with him unless it is a very very easy mid like teemo or twisted fate.
Teemo an easy mid?

Everspace

12-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokan View Post
Teemo an easy mid?

Teemo has ZONKERS laning.

Also, second the locket.

DON'T LET HIM POKE!

He will eat you for breakfast if you do.