LoL is falling behind quickly

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Havy whopons gai

12-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threads View Post
actually, you miss my point.

It comes as no surprise that S2 announces a massive patch for this time of year.
it is the recognised downtime of pretty much every industry, it gives the changes time to mature.

this downtime gap typically lasts until mid January....so.... knowing that riot has plans, and has been saying soon for a very long time.
I expect we will be seeing a number of the soon(tm) features before feb.
Actually, seeing as new features have been coming soon for several months if not a year, logic dictates that they're still nowhere near.

Zerdo

12-04-2010

Outdated graphics? Does it really matter? Still looks better than most games out there.

I hope they don't make this game look like HoN. I'd quit honestly.

Shawnvau178

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2010

They do need a new map

Afro Horse

12-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nickelstripper View Post
- no mac client
i imagine if they spent their time adding a mac client it'd be impossible to fix anything else

sultanbacon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2010

You know those popups upon logging in that tell you there's a new hero to buy or JoJ to read?

Yeh, that's a new feature in the last 6 months. Tell your friend to come back.

Fatthang

12-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulki View Post
I agree with all of those except the graphics part. LoL has its own unique style, and that certainly doesn't mean it's "bad". For a pseudo-free game, I'm surprised at how optimized everything is. The game looks very good but can run on even low-end machines, like Torchlight.
Yea over here its running on 2003 vaio

http://www.itreviews.co.uk/hardware/h486.htm

first pic

Duke the Dutch

12-05-2010

mrIncredible- hahahah much validity to the sarcasm in your statement

but yeah they have been doing the new champ thing to make money for a long time now, since the TT release the countdown begins on a new map, and then promising and not delivering was even worse.

i enjoy new champs to play like anyone else, but im getting sick of the same fights at dragon/baron where NOOBS sit beside the back wall and just flash away any second they get...

so if you plan on keeping flash in this game to save the rookies, at least provide us with a new map where flash isnt as useful... and keep the newbs on SR until they learn otherwise

Morgueington

12-05-2010

- outdated graphics
Still looks better then HoN which looks like something from 2002.

- only two maps
One more then both its competitors.

- almost useless afk/leaver system
They cant join a new game while their old one is in progress. Much better then the HoN. Tho they do have the No Leavers option.

- a report system that does nothing tangable
Same complaint on every report system.

- frequent leavers and afks
Every game has leavers and Afks. Get over it.

- no clans
This wouldnt be hard to implement, but ultimately pointless. Are a few letters at the front or back of your name so important?

- no tournament system
Problem right up until you realize you can use the Custom Game option and invite the tournament people in and such. No observer spots tho, shame.

- limited store
How so? DotA has no store, HoN is getting a store, which will feature skins and in game currency.

- a matchmaker that is hit or miss at best
Its a 1v1 system used in a 5v5 and 3v3 system. ELO is designed for chess.

- a broken ignore list
The odds of running into that person again is very slim. Grow up and develop a thick skin.

- a chat server that screws up all the time
Yeah, this needs to be fixed, screws with me sometimes.

- no mac client
Their fault for having a mac.

Death teh kid

12-05-2010

I giggle abit everytime someone says LoL has better graphics than HoN, that HoN only has a single map or that replays are not important.