LoL is falling behind quickly

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Florestan

12-04-2010

just want to comment on the "outdated graphics" part:

a major graphics update has been promised some time back and if you look at the last several champions that were released you will notice the art-style of most of them differs a lot from the older ones - they seem to be slightly smaller and far less cartoonish (less edges, more details, more realistic body proportions).

for an example take Nidalee or Morgana and put them right next to Lux or LeBlanc (seriously, try it in-game - the difference is huge)

so I am fairly confident that we will actually get the corresponding "backend" technology (pretty shaders plz) and rework of the remaining champions in the foreseeable future.

KillinUrDoodz

12-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katorian View Post
Actually, DotA was on the Warcraft engine. While it was one map, they had options to play dozens of other ones whenever they please. DotA was fun by itself, but if you ever got bored, you had access plenty of other maps...

The best we have here is to play different modes.
You could always go play a different game...?

Beravin

12-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillinUrDoodz View Post
You could always go play a different game...?
What makes you think I dont? You can play more than one game you know.

I'm just making a point thats all.

Insomniah

12-04-2010

just want to remind u all and the person who left (good riddens) ITS A FREE GAME. I smell prices in the future if you continue to qq, and by prices i mean on more then just rp.

S1AL

12-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0TsarBomb0 View Post
Tbh, DotA players have been pretty content with their one map all this time, I don't see why people QQ at Riot so much.
The people who made DotA did not have anywhere near the resources that Riot has. They also were not payed...

Asuran

12-04-2010

1) Graphics are fine.
2) I don't really care about replays. Fraps your game and watch it later. If you're incapable of doing this, then you should be happy there isn't a replay system hogging resources while you're playing.
3) Really? The map thing? It has two maps, that's twice as many as other DotA based games.
4) Sorry that if they ban somebody they don't place that persons name on a big 'Banned' list for you to see.
5) Afk/Leaver system. Yeah...DotA had no leaver issues whatsoever.
6) Clans. You can sort your friends list. But I would agree with clans.
7) Tournament system....really? Really think this process through. It's not really necessary.
8) Air launcher always works fine for me.
9) Limited store? How many skins you want buddy? Also, this is a Dota based game? What are you buying?
10) Matchmaking does need work. But I have noticed once I got about 200 games in it's rare to see a poor match unless we decide to play as characters we don't normally play.
11) Chat server has issues, but not very often for me.
12) No mac client? How about you don't be ******ed and buy a PC. Really? A F*ing mac? Oh, and before you talk about how much better Mac is than PC....how's LoL working out for you?

Overall considering this is a FREE game that's only way to make money is boost packs and skin. I think they are doing a frigging great job. The only thing out of your list I would like to see immediately is a clan set up.

Genuine tiger

12-04-2010

who gives a **** bout really good graphics. as long as its not like the n64 or before that i find them fine

Numbah 1299

12-04-2010

There's a mac client that I'll attest to. And it runs great play on very high everything and don't lose too many frames. The rest I am not a designer and cannot speak for. BUT here's some food for thought.

If someone hands you $5 and says here you go now buy what you want. Are you going to tell them "Why didn't you give me $20?" Most ppl in real life would take their $5 and go. This is what Riot is giving you an optionally free game. Optional because ppl buy skins. And you have the option to not play anymore you do the same with any other normal game so this shouldn't be any different.
Basically if you're angry because someone gave you an unpolished FREE game then go pay to play HoN or wait for DotA 2.

EIometer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2010

+1 to Adobe Air being restricting and a poor program to base an entire MMO game on.....

even Riot game designers comment on how restrictive the program is. For example, there is no way to select more than one unit, and I'm sure there's a hundred other roadblocks that make it difficult to implement code.

EIometer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genuine tiger View Post
who gives a **** bout really good graphics. as long as its not like the n64 or before that i find them fine
This was the #1 excuse for Runescape players btw.