LoL is falling behind quickly

12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

2nickeltipper

12-04-2010

I remember about 6 months ago a friend of mine posted he was leaving the game due to a lack of basic features. A RIOT person said please come back again in 6 months as it will be a whole different game by then.

He did. It's not. He left again, never to return.

If RIOT cant get some of the fundemental features up and running soon...

- outdated graphics
- no replays
- only two maps
- almost useless afk/leaver system
- a report system that does nothing tangable
- frequent leavers and afks
- no clans
- no tournament system
- Adobe Air launcher is awful
- limited store
- a matchmaker that is hit or miss at best
- a broken ignore list
- a chat server that screws up all the time
- no mac client
- etc.

Sinnen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2010

IMO they are not working as hard as they should be, I did my part and bought riot points to support them about 50 bux worth but I dont I will anymore since they listen to community and make stupid decisions overall in their game

Shaella

12-04-2010

So we're back to "Riot needs to implement this or get demolished" instead of pantheon QQ
eh.

Tulki

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2010

I agree with all of those except the graphics part. LoL has its own unique style, and that certainly doesn't mean it's "bad". For a pseudo-free game, I'm surprised at how optimized everything is. The game looks very good but can run on even low-end machines, like Torchlight.

Heliostorm

12-04-2010

Tbh, DotA players have been pretty content with their one map all this time, I don't see why people QQ at Riot so much.

Arrivederco

12-04-2010

- outdated graphics
The graphics are actually quite good and stylized.
- no replays
Yes
- only two maps
Yes
- almost useless afk/leaver system
Could be better
- a report system that does nothing tangable
This is the nature of any report system...they need time to review the case. Sure you don't get to watch it slap a griefer off the internet but...
- frequent leavers and afks
Nature of the game
- no clans
Meh
- no tournament system
Meh
- Adobe Air launcher is awful
Works fine
- limited store
Not really
- a matchmaker that is hit or miss at best
Impossible to get perfect matches all the time that both sides will be happy with
- a broken ignore list
Meh
- a chat server that screws up all the time
Works ok
- no mac client
Lol mac

hihuz

12-04-2010

- free to play

Red VII

12-04-2010

DotA has always had champs are that useless - and the same goes for HoN. In a utopia, every single champ would be balanced and useful in some manner or another.

I still have a great time with LoL; while it may need some improvements (what doesn't?), it is still a **** load of fun.

Queen Toffee

Recruiter

12-04-2010

You realize that this company is really young still, right? Like, maybe two years old? I think they've done a fantastic job in this short of a time with the talent and resources they've got to work with. Sure, things could be handled a lot more professionally and some of the patch notes and changes leave me scratching my head. But for the most part this game that is FREE TO PLAY is pretty much where it should be. There is always room for improvement, but sitting here crying about what there is and isn't available doesn't help the situation much. Go play HoN if you dislike LoL so much.

Beravin

12-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0TsarBomb0 View Post
Tbh, DotA players have been pretty content with their one map all this time, I don't see why people QQ at Riot so much.
Actually, DotA was on the Warcraft engine. While it was one map, they had options to play dozens of other ones whenever they please. DotA was fun by itself, but if you ever got bored, you had access plenty of other maps...

The best we have here is to play different modes.

12345 ... 6