Forum disruptions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cynicatt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-19-2013

Rito please help us understand. :<


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Samuel L Jaxx

Senior Member

08-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotOpti View Post
Hi,

I'm writing to let you all know that we're aware of the situation with certain forum accounts posting private player information and engaging in forum and in-game harassment.

We've actually been working hard behind the scenes to understand and address the situation, but want to let you know:

(a) Adjudicators, Wrenchmen, and even the vast majority of Rioters don't have access to your personal information (including email address and password)

(b) We don't condone the sort of behavior that we’re seeing; we ban those who engage in disruptive behavior in game or on the forums.

We’re still investigating the situation and we'll share details once we’ve made good headway towards resolution.

Thanks all.
Irony.
http://www.reignofgaming.net/redtrac...blic-must-read

Name:  Bruteforce Riot.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  185.0 KB


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Samuel L Jaxx

Senior Member

08-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Yi is OP View Post
Annnd up we go.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_sYhvu8xRk


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Volor Flex

Senior Member

08-19-2013

All I want to know is how did they know my e-mail? It's not the original one tied to the account, so it's not "old information". The only thing tied to this account is FEK. Other than that nothing else has my email and XNimpo linked.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dredge Mammus

Senior Member

08-19-2013

Quote:
Oh my god.
That was a sign.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

falkenjeff

Senior Member

08-19-2013

oh good, this thread is alive again


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Frosthaven

Senior Member

08-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by XNimpo View Post
All I want to know is how did they know my e-mail? It's not the original one tied to the account, so it's not "old information". The only thing tied to this account is FEK. Other than that nothing else has my email and XNimpo linked.
I can assure you it isn't FEK. I helped make the darn thing and as such I don't even have my stuff registered on the server. Yet, he told me my login credentials within 10 seconds of being asked.

Also, we specifically ask individuals to not use a shared password with their FEK account. So far I can confirm that even though there is nothing dangerous held in our database there have been no outside attempts made.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

vamp21

Member

08-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosthaven View Post
I can assure you it isn't FEK. I helped make the darn thing and as such I don't even have my stuff registered on the server. Yet, he told me my login credentials within 10 seconds of being asked.

Also, we specifically ask individuals to not use a shared password with their FEK account. So far I can confirm that even though there is nothing dangerous held in our database there have been no outside attempts made.
the hackers dont have any recent information, everything they stole they got before 2011.


they tried to threaten me with information, only to realize they have my old card, which has been cancelled, as well as my old email, not my new one.


and every transaction they threatened me with has been from back in 2010. so yea, old data.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cynicatt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamp21 View Post
the hackers dont have any recent information, everything they stole they got before 2011.


they tried to threaten me with information, only to realize they have my old card, which has been cancelled, as well as my old email, not my new one.


and every transaction they threatened me with has been from back in 2010. so yea, old data.
Even though your card has been cancelled, it's possible others out there have cards that haven't been cancelled since then.
I would be worried about mine, but it's currently overdrawn and my bank won't allow me to spend anymore money until I balance the account, which is going to be quite a while~


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sona Kisses

Senior Member

08-19-2013

GG riot.