The most perfect Udyr Build - No Jungle

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DasGuteStueckLoL

07-31-2011

I am searching for the perfect Build for Udyr. What can you advise to me?
I am playing Udyr at Lane, so no jungle build. Which masteries and which summoner spells should be taken?

Crescentstar

07-31-2011

Why? There's nothing scarier than udyr popping out of the brush with both buffs and bear stance.

Except maybe poppy wriggling her way into your bum.

VerumVenari

07-31-2011

Why do you want to lane exactly? My masteries would be almost identical if I was laning or jungling, and jungle udyr is very solid and, I think, quite a bit scarier. What is your motivation for doing the one activity that has, until very recently, been one of the biggest no's in Lol?

DasGuteStueckLoL

07-31-2011

I don't understand the sense of your last sentence.

Quote:
What is your motivation for doing the one activity that has, until very recently, been one of the biggest no's in Lol?

Carados

07-31-2011

His laning got nerfed big time so you jungle now.

Mpalm

07-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carados View Post
His laning got nerfed big time so you jungle now.
His laning was barely touched and he's still a huge threat in lane.

Anyway, I would suggest:

Flash/Ignite
Flash/Exhaust

Armor Pen Reds/Quints (Can also use run speed quints, attack speed reds also viable)
Dodge Yellow
MR Blue

0/9/21 with Nimbleness

Wriggle > Ninja tabi/Mercs (whichever is needed) > Spirit Visage > Wit's End > Trinity

You'll basically be untouchable in lane and you'll be tanky while dishing out big damage mid > late.

Carados

07-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpalm View Post
His laning was barely touched and he's still a huge threat in lane.
Infinite Sustain once people got their damage items was bugfixed and his damage got nerfed badly. Read patch notes. What made lane udyr viable was high base shields at low level and the proc once people got items.

Mpalm

07-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carados View Post
Infinite Sustain once people got their damage items was bugfixed and his damage got nerfed badly. Read patch notes. What made lane udyr viable was high base shields at low level and the proc once people got items.
Tiger Stance Attack Damage ratio reduced to 1.5 from 1.7
Fixed a bug where turtle stance was healing off of the damage dealt by Madred's Razor.

Wow, HUGE damage nerf... Wriggle's + Turtle stance still keeps him as one of the most sustainable laners and he still puts out tons of damage for such a tanky champion.

DasGuteStueckLoL

07-31-2011

I have the feeling that udyr has a bad early game, he is not tanky and squishy so i can not get enough harrasment to kill enemies. Which spell should be taken first? Q,W or E? I have played 15 games or something like that ( all times at the 3v3 map, oO i am not playing 5v5! ). And i have lost more games with udyr than i have won ( Win / Lose ratio i think is 0.7 or something like that, what else, not really good ). Am i bad or my team mates? I can not really appraise that. I hope you understand that, english is not my first language! How i can train with udyr? Going on with playing 3v3 games?

Mpalm

07-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DasGuteStueckLoL View Post
I have the feeling that udyr has a bad early game, he is not tanky and squishy so i can not get enough harrasment to kill enemies. Which spell should be taken first? Q,W or E? I have played 15 games or something like that ( all times at the 3v3 map, oO i am not playing 5v5! ). And i have lost more games with udyr than i have won ( Win / Lose ratio i think is 0.7 or something like that, what else, not really good ). Am i bad or my team mates? I can not really appraise that. I hope you understand that, english is not my first language! How i can train with udyr? Going on with playing 3v3 games?
Max W first, but I would suggest something like Q > W > Q > E > Max W > Max Q > Max E

Putting 2 into tiger stance will give you a little burst early on but maxing W early will keep your mana and life high... in a solo lane it should be almost impossible to send you back to base with a high turtle stance rank. Start with a cloth armor and 5 HP pots. Sure, you're sacrificing damage early, but you can still easily harass your enemy down over time and deny him with E > Q > W to back off and prevent damage.