Why I hate acronyms.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wolf Un1t

08-16-2013

Sure, I guess it's a nice way to shorten up some long names, but when I'm a new player and trying to look for some help online, it's almost impossible

"First you have to make sure you have YLM equipped and ADWGS to your right before you start the BFQR. Then, turn on your ZQ so that you're POS is doing tons of GL1PHMBN"

When I first started league a couple years ago, I kept hearing things like AD AP or whatever and I just remember being confused as hell. I hate acronyms sometimes. It prevents you from getting into an easy conversation with a veteran and makes it difficult to look something up.

NamKim

08-16-2013

http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com...5#post25671725
Search "(96). Dominion term glossary"

Sauron listed some that should help new players.

A Slime Appears

08-16-2013

But when you are a veteran player you don't want to say "ranged attack damage carry" every time you are referring to them. Well, I guess marksmen now, but good luck getting that term to stick, Morello.

Fancy Wolf

08-16-2013

had a super long witty response typed up with almost all the acronyms in the game,,, then hit post reply instead of post quick....

NamKim

08-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Slime Appears View Post
But when you are a veteran player you don't want to say "ranged attack damage carry" every time you are referring to them. Well, I guess marksmen now, but good luck getting that term to stick, Morello.
Good job Riot. Now we need to refer to ADC as MM. And now people will be confused with MatchMaking. Thereby making Acronyms more annoying

ZallKlos

08-16-2013

Never play a MMORPG.

Wolf Un1t

08-16-2013

1. God damn it I thought I posted this in GD (haha acronym). Either I thought I was in the right forums, when I wasn't, or Riot moved it. I think the mods got used to my name and now auto-move every post I make to dominion since 90% of the posts I make are dominion related

2. True about it being annoying for writing it out every time, but it could be quite frustrating on both ends. Oftentimes you won't find a list of what all the acronyms means in other games (aka someone more bored than Sauron to list out every acronym on a certain game).

3. I guess I'm just expressing my frustration on league forums from where I try to get into other games but can't because I'm such a noob, but I stay a noob because when I ask or look for help, acronyms are being spammed everywhere and it's not worth asking a million questions or finding someone nice enough (hard to do nowadays) to list out everything for you. Often times they will tell you to research it, but even the explanation is filled with more MORE acronyms!

Wolf Un1t

08-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZallKlos View Post
Never play a MMORPG.
LOL. Why do you think I made this post? Take a wild guess my friend